Darque Dreamer 's Reviews > Our Dark Stars

Our Dark Stars by Audrey Grey

bookshelves: top-reads

Our Dark Stars is a fully realized, captivating sci-fi adventure of astronomical proportions! It is fast paced, exciting, and beautiful! With daring characters, unique twists, and a fantastical futuristic setting, this one is sure to have you flying high!

From the moment I read the synopsis I knew I had to read this one! It was immensely satisfying! I devoured it, and the sci-fi lover in me was extremely happy!

There was beauty in the writing. The imagery used was impeccable! I fell in love with the enchantingly elegant metaphors flowing throughout the story, and the vast amount of descriptiveness.

I felt like the writers drew inspiration from Star Wars, Beauty and the Beast, and Dark Matter (television show). The plot was so fascinating and had my heart was pounding the entire time! I was taken on a ride with plenty of twists and turns! There were a couple of predictable moments, but they were well done and fit seamlessly with the enjoyable unpredictable moments!

The world building in this was outstanding! For a story that took place on a spacecraft the majority of the time, there was an immense amount of world building that felt natural and unique. I felt like I was on board the Odysseus with the crew. I could see the cities of the different planets the craft stopped on, and I felt like the world history, and all of its characters, was perfectly fleshed out.

Will really stood out to me, and has taken the place as my favorite sci-fi male character. He was so conflicted inside, and had such an interesting past. He was handsome, strong, and witty. I loved his confidence and personality!

I also really loved Talia. She was brave, strong, and determined. She was also pretty kickass toward the end of the book. She was fierce and moral, and shined like a star!

And, Will’s crew of rag tag, misfit mocks (droids) were incredibly dynamic! They had the fierce loyalty and edginess of Kaz’s group from Six of Crows. They brought humor and intrigue to the story.

This book made me feel like I was floating among the stars! My heart was racing! I smiled, I laughed, I rolled my eyes (in a good way), and had a moment of brief sadness. The writing was lyrical and beautiful and held me like a siren until the very end! I became fully invested in the characters and was taken on an exhilarating ride through space!

Thank you to the author, Audrey Grey, for sending me this free e-ARC in exchange for my honest review, and as part of the Elite ARC Team!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Our Dark Stars.

December 26, 2017 – Shelved
December 26, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
December 28, 2017 – Started Reading
December 29, 2017 –
page 99
December 29, 2017 –
December 30, 2017 – Finished Reading
January 1, 2018 – Shelved as: top-reads

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Naty I just finished this! Fabulous book!!

Darque  Dreamer Naty wrote: "I just finished this! Fabulous book!!"

Hooray! I loved it so much!