Dilek VT's Reviews > Three Blind Dates

Three Blind Dates by Meghan Quinn

it was ok
bookshelves: annoying-book, annoying-heroine, wont-read-from-this-author-again

This is the 3rd book I have tried by this author. I am sure she is great but she is just the wrong author for me. Her characters, her sense of humor and her writing style just don’t make it for me.

And I am done, I won’t try any more books from her. No sense in trying and DNF’ing it or rating it with 1 or 2 stars, right?

***********************************************

As for this book, we have a heroine who hasn’t had a good relationship with men so far and now she is trying the app of a newly opened restaurant, Going in Blind.

You create a profile and they find the best match for you. You meet your blind date in this restaurant. You got the idea, right? And if the 1st match doesn’t work, you can try a second or a third time…

***********************************************

Our heroine, Noely, goes on 3 blind dates eventually.

The first one is a businessman, she calls her The Suit. The second one is The Rebel (bad boy with a motorcycle), and the third one is The Jock (athlete).

***********************************************

Noely is attracted to her 1st DATE.

I want to know what he tastes like. What the scruff on his jaw feels like under my fingers, caressing the soft skin on my cheek. I want to tangle my fingers into his short hair, to grip tightly onto his neck, and not release him until I’m fully sated by his mouth.

They decide to go on a second date but then she makes a mistake and he ends it.

***********************************************

Disappointed and hurt, she goes on a 2nd DATE, hoping she could find a better option.

She is attracted to this second guy, as well.

He strokes my palm with his finger, running it along every line, making my insides flutter and my breathing pick up with each stroke. He’s so close, his body practically on top of mine, his breath pressed against my ear, his scruff rubbing my skin ever so gently. And me, well, see my hips? Yeah, they’re slowly gyrating in his direction. I would like to blame the margarita, or even the music, but I know that’s not the case. It’s my libido skyrocketing into dangerous territories from the way this man lightly strokes me in just the right way.

They go on a second date but then, again, this relationship also doesn’t work for some reason.

***********************************************
Then, our heroine, goes on a 3rd DATE. Relentless very much!

Of course, she is again attracted to him.

I’m at nipple level, taking in his very broad and muscular chest. Wow . Heat rises to the back of my neck, and I know it’s not the whiskey; it’s the powerful chest right in front of me, and are those... are those his pecs? They’re all defined and large and yummy and ... sigh. Curiosity pops out of me before I can stop myself, and I poke his chest. When I’m greeted with a firm bounce, I giggle to myself. “Pecs,” I mutter under my breath. Yep, yummy indeed.

They get on well but this doesn’t work as a relationship, either.

***********************************************

You get a picture of what kind of a heroine we have?

Whenever she sees someone attractive, she just drools over him and she is hell-bent on making him “the one”. So pathetic!

Noely is a famous woman. She is the host of a TVShow. I mean it is not that she cannot meet a lot of good-looking people. I just couldn’t solve the mystery of that woman, trying to find her soul mate through an app. Whatever!

***********************************************

What is worse is when things with all three of them seemed to have ended, she starts to receive messages from the app from a new account: The Mystery Man.

He says he is one of these 3 men and he has made mistakes and he wants another chance. He just doesn’t want to reveal his identity. He asks Noely who she wants him to be and she has no idea.

They continue messaging for a while and she tries to understand who he is.

Page 250 of 327:

“The Suit, The Rebel, and The Jock. If you had to choose, given they were free of all demons, who would you choose?”

I press my lips together, trying to compare them in my head, which I’m learning is an impossible feat. “I have no idea, honestly. They were different in their own way but could fit easily into my life . . . into my heart.”

See how indecisive she is… On page 250, for God's sake!

On page 270 of a book with 327 pages, I still didn’t know who she was going to end up with. I just had an idea but it kept changing. So very frustrating!

SAFETY:

She kisses and has oral sex with one of these guys.

She has sex with the other.

She doesn’t do anything with the third one but not because she didn’t beg for it, he just didn’t take things that far.

So decide if it is safe for you. It wasn’t for me.

Even she hated herself, so my hating her is just natural, I guess.

God, there is no excuse. I’m slut-zilla, climbing dicks like skyscrapers. Be disgusted, because I am.

***

To say I’m upset with myself is an understatement. I got caught up in the moment, in the feel of his body, in the way he made me tingle from head to toe. And I’d be lying if I denied wanting that to happen.

But now? I feel stupid. Used. Cheap.

***

He hurt me, made me feel so stupid, and yet when he claimed me, I couldn’t resist. That’s called lust, uncontrollable lust, and now, on the day after, I’m suffering with the biggest regret hangover one could ever imagine.

WRITING:

As for the writing, the book tends to be on the humorous side.

Noely tells the story except for 2 chapters and she makes jokes all the time. I never met a woman who is forcing herself so hard to be funny (I mean the writer forces herself to create a hilarious character but it felt too forced). She is not my kinda person, unfortunately. She is the annoying one in my book!

As for the chemistry between the characters, well, I am sorry but I didn’t feel it. She felt chemistry with all, but I didn’t feel it with any of them. It is because of the writing. When she says it was the most earth-shattering experience of her life, am I supposed to feel it? Nope, sorry. Don’t tell me. Telling is not convincing enough. Show me! I need you to show me so that I can feel it.

All in all, nothing in this book worked for me. Neither the funny side of it nor the other things.

***********************************************

Of course, not every book out there is for everyone and with this book, I have understood that this author’s books are not for me. They say third time is the charm but this is my third book from her and all of them failed for me…

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Blind Dates.

December 26, 2017 – Shelved
December 26, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 20, 2018 – Started Reading
March 20, 2018 –
60.0% "My poor brain cells are trying to communicate with me but why am I still reading this book despite all the protests of my brain? When is enough enough?

"
March 20, 2018 –
100.0% "OK, this was the last Meghan Quinn book I have tried.
No more!"
March 20, 2018 – Shelved as: annoying-book
March 20, 2018 – Shelved as: annoying-heroine
March 20, 2018 – Shelved as: wont-read-from-this-author-again
March 20, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

message 1: by Nova (new)

Nova  Brantley Great review. I so agree with you on this author. She is Just not for me. I don’t find it funny at all. 😜 and that’s from trying like one book. 😝

message 2: by Nadine (new)

Nadine I want to join the club. I dnf-ed two books of this author and that was enough for a lifetime

Cristina | CristiinaReads Lovely review, hon! I'm sorry it wasn't a winner for you xoxo

message 4: by Gökçe (new)

Gökçe Uh-oh sorry for you Dilek :( Although you can PM me about which one she chooses :D I am curious that way :D

message 5: by Alex ♈ (new)

Alex ♈ LOL, sorry hon! I can relate! 😘

message 6: by K. (new)

K. Ryner I'm impressed you finished it!! 😱😱 Thank you for the review, I can put my money on a better book now! 😁

Dilek VT Nova wrote: "Great review. I so agree with you on this author. She is Just not for me. I don’t find it funny at all. 😜 and that’s from trying like one book. 😝"

Nope, not my type of humor, either... I agree...

Dilek VT Nadine wrote: "I want to join the club. I dnf-ed two books of this author and that was enough for a lifetime"

Yeah, I am stopping at 3... Better late than never, right :)?

Dilek VT Cristina | CristiinaReads wrote: "Lovely review, hon! I'm sorry it wasn't a winner for you xoxo"

Dilek VT Gökçe wrote: "Uh-oh sorry for you Dilek :( Although you can PM me about which one she chooses :D I am curious that way :D"

Ok, I will :)

Dilek VT Alex ♈ wrote: "LOL, sorry hon! I can relate! 😘"

They said it was funny and I thought maybe... just maybe... But nope, I don't like stupid type of humor...

Dilek VT K. wrote: "I'm impressed you finished it!! 😱😱 Thank you for the review, I can put my money on a better book now! 😁"

You are welcome, my dear. After a certain point, I really wanted to finish it to be able to rant about it :)))))

message 13: by Malene (new)

Malene Awesome review, hon. Sorry this author isn’t a fit for you. I know it all too well

Dilek VT Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks* wrote: "Awesome review, hon. Sorry this author isn’t a fit for you. I know it all too well"

Thanks a lot, Malene, my dear...

Karine Great review! It didn’t work for me either. Annoying heroine... not funny at all

Dilek VT Karine wrote: "Great review! It didn’t work for me either. Annoying heroine... not funny at all"

Right? So very annoying. I am glad we agree, Karine :)

message 17: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Great review. Obvs you aren't the only one here the writer doesn't work for, Dilek. I can't even with her, either. Not funny, not sexy, doesn't write heroines I could ever like or respect. I have dnf'ed all three books of hers I've tried.

Dilek VT Ellie wrote: "Great review. Obvs you aren't the only one here the writer doesn't work for, Dilek. I can't even with her, either. Not funny, not sexy, doesn't write heroines I could ever like or respect. I have d..."

Oh really? I am so glad I am not the only one. She seems so popular among readers but I cannot enjoy any of her books and I have tried enough; they are just not for me, neither her romance nor her humor...