Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader's Reviews > Boardwalk Summer

Boardwalk Summer by Meredith Jaeger

bookshelves: 2018-reads, arcs, beach-reads, ew-ew-wishlist, kindle-version, 2018-summer-reads

4 refreshing as a sea breeze stars to Boardwalk Summer! 🍦🎡⛱ 🎠

Boardwalk Summer has two interesting timelines. Violet Harcourt, an aspiring actress and “bathing beauty” in 1940s Santa Cruz, California, and Marisol Cruz, single mom, living in 2007 Santa Cruz as well. Both stories take place during the summer with a stunning beach backdrop and all of the fun and intrigue of the Beach Boardwalk and its performers.

The book opens with Violet winning Miss Bathing Beauty; however, she has kept a big secret. Violet is married, which of course is a no-no, and in addition, her husband is none-too-pleased about her choices. Her marriage is now in shambles, and Violet feels she has only one way to escape, which is the light mystery at the center of the novel.

Marisol Cruz has been working as a waitress when she lands a job with the historical society of the boardwalk, somewhere she has dreamed of working her entire life. Mari’s grandfather was a performer at the boardwalk back in the 1940s, and somehow has a connection to Violet of which Mari works desperately to uncover.

Boardwalk Summer is the ideal book to throw in your beach bag. It is easy reading with characters to love. There is a subtle mystery that kept my interest, and I wished I was surrounded by sand and a boardwalk to people watch. My favorite aspect of the book was the relationships, especially Mari and Jason’s.

Thank you to Meredith Jaeger, William Morrow Paperbacks, and Edelweiss for the copy to review. Boardwalk Summer will be published on June 19, 2018.

My reviews can also be found on my blog: www.jennifertarheelreader.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boardwalk Summer.

December 26, 2017 – Shelved
December 26, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 1, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
March 1, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
May 17, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-reads
May 17, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle-version
June 7, 2018 – Started Reading
June 18, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-summer-reads
June 18, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)

message 1: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Looking forward to your review, Jennifer!

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Glad you enjoyed! <3

message 3: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Ahhh nice Jennifer! Love beach reads ❤️🌻

Babydimps (Suzy) Sounds like a great summer book! Nice review Jennifer! ☀️☀️☀️

message 5: by KAS (new)

KAS Such a sweet review, Jennifer ;) Glad this was such a great summer read!! 😘

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books Wonderful review, Jennifer!!!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Fab review, Jennifer!

Norma * Traveling Sister Wonderful review, Jennifer!

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Love, love, love this time of year! This sounds like a fun read; I'll have to add it to my summer list. Nice one, Jennifer. 🧡

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Cheri wrote: "Looking forward to your review, Jennifer!"

I have it added, Cheri! A lighter beachy read, and I really enjoyed it!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Glad you enjoyed! <3"

Thank you so much, Alex! ♥️

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kendall wrote: "Ahhh nice Jennifer! Love beach reads ❤️🌻"

Thanks, Kendall! Me too! So nice this time of year! 🏝

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Sounds like a great summer book! Nice review Jennifer! ☀️☀️☀️"

Thanks so much, Suzy! 💗

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader KAS wrote: "Such a sweet review, Jennifer ;) Glad this was such a great summer read!! 😘"

Thanks so much, KAS! I just love summer! 💜

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Mackenzie - Traveling Sister wrote: "Wonderful review, Jennifer!!!"

Thanks, Mack!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Brenda - Traveling Sister wrote: "Fab review, Jennifer!"

Thank you, Brenda! 🤗

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Norma * Traveling Sister wrote: "Wonderful review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Norma!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Melissa wrote: "Love, love, love this time of year! This sounds like a fun read; I'll have to add it to my summer list. Nice one, Jennifer. 🧡"

Thanks, Melissa! Fun, light reads are so nice this time of year, especially with beach settings! 🏖

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Fantastic review Jennifer!!! 💜❤️

Jaline - (on partial hiatus) Lindsay, your review of this is just totally enjoyable! Thank you 😊

message 21: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Excellent review!! :)

message 22: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Loved your review, Jennifer, and I'm so glad you enjoyed! We all need beach reads now and then!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "Fantastic review Jennifer!!! 💜❤️"

Thanks, Lindsay! 💗

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Jaline wrote: "Lindsay, your review of this is just totally enjoyable! Thank you 😊"

Thank you, Jaline! I’m glad it was entertaining!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Ana wrote: "Great review!"

Thank you, Ana! 💕

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Deanna wrote: "Excellent review!! :)"

Thank you, Deanna!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Cheri wrote: "Loved your review, Jennifer, and I'm so glad you enjoyed! We all need beach reads now and then!"

Thanks, Cheri! We do, and summer time is the best for them!

message 28: by JanB (new)

JanB This sounds like a fun beach read Jennifer, great review 😊

message 29: by Elyse (new)

Elyse Walters 🍒🍉👙👓🏖....love your summer reading list 🏝💕📚💕

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Glad you enjoyed ❤️

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader JanB wrote: "This sounds like a fun beach read Jennifer, great review 😊"

Thanks, Jan! It was definitely fun for summer!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Elyse wrote: "🍒🍉👙👓🏖....love your summer reading list 🏝💕📚💕"

Thanks, Elyse! 💗 💕

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• wrote: "Glad you enjoyed ❤️"

Thank you, Jenny! Xo