Ruth's Reviews > An Angel for Christmas

An Angel for Christmas by Heather Graham

F 50x66

it was ok

Christmas, that lovely time when adult siblings gather and relive the insecurities and petty bickering of childhood, who would want to miss it? The MacDougal siblings didn't miss it this Christmas,though each of them had reason to want to be elsewhere. Still, as they gather, the usual battles begin until they find an injured man who claims to be a police officer who was chasing a criminal until the criminal injured him, took his clothes and left him for dead. They take him in, but then a man appears in a uniform who says the man they have befriended is the criminal. Of course the logical thing to do is to call the authorities, but since the phone lines are all out due to snow, they have to decide what do to.

I found the story kind of heartwarming and kind of strange. We never learn exactly what the criminal did, but it sounds like he is more of a two-bit thief than a murderer so it seems strange that he would have attacked the officer in that way. In a lot of ways one of the guests is like an angel and even talks about God and angels but to me it kind of fell flat. I won't say it is a bad book, it is just one that didn't quite click for me. Grade: C+

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Angel for Christmas.

Started Reading