Karen’s Library's Reviews > Only Human

Only Human by Sylvain Neuvel

bookshelves: sci-fi, aliens

Ohmygosh... The FEELS at the end! Neuvel rocked it once again with his series finale to the Themis Files.

In Only Human, Vincent, his daughter Eva, Dr. Rose Franklin, and the General had been whisked off to the aliens' planet of Esat Ekt as the 4 were celebrating their victory while inside Themis. 10 years have passed and our crew finally manage to make their way back to Earth with Themis.

Once again, the story is told in interviews, personal logs, and transcriptions and this time bounces between being back on Earth and those years spent on Esat Ekt. And once again, I was glued to my ereader throughout!

I did miss Kara and the nameless interviewer throughout this entire book. Russian Katherine just didn't appeal to me at all. If she was meant to take the nameless interviewer's place, it didn't work for me. I still enjoyed the heck out of everyone else though!

Although there wasn't as much action as the first 2 books, I still thought it was an amazing ending to the series. My favorite of the series will always be Waking Gods!

*Thank you to NetGalley and Del Rey Publishing for the advanced copy!*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only Human.

December 25, 2017 – Shelved
December 25, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 24, 2018 – Started Reading
March 24, 2018 – Shelved as: sci-fi
March 24, 2018 – Shelved as: aliens
March 24, 2018 –
21.0% "Off to a great start!!"
March 24, 2018 –
March 25, 2018 – Shelved as: did-not-finish
March 25, 2018 –
March 29, 2018 –
March 30, 2018 –
April 1, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy I haven’t read the first two yet even though I own them, LOL.

Karen’s Library Nancy wrote: "I haven’t read the first two yet even though I own them, LOL."

Oh, I loved this series! It’s written in interviews, journal entries, etc., but I loved the format! I finally get to meet the author at ComiCon in May!! Woot!! And I love those covers and naked books!!

message 3: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy I can’t wait to read these. So jealous that you get to see all these authors at ComiCon.

Karen’s Library Nancy wrote: "I can’t wait to read these. So jealous that you get to see all these authors at ComiCon."

I love Phoenix!!! 😝