Angela's Reviews > City of Bones

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

May 14, 2008

bookshelves: contemporary, faeries-and-fey, love-or-romance, magic, monsters-and-creatures, pub-mkeld, urban-fantasy, audio-book, read-in-2010, read-in-2009
Read in June, 2008

Wow! This was good, and fun book to read! It's an interesting cross between Wicked Lovely and Blue Bloods, but with some other elements to the story as well.

I saw it recommended on a blog I frequent but had no idea what it was about or whether I would like it. I picked it up from the library at the same time as another book and started that other book first. It was slow and hard to start, so I switched books. "City of Bones" grabbed me immediately and pulled me in and wouldn't let me go till I ran out of pages! I loved it! I have a little issue with a twist at the ending, but I know the story continues in 2 more books and this part of the story was written so differently than the rest of the writing that I'm pretty sure that this part of the storyline is going to change again and go back in line with what I would be more happy with. I don't want to say that it was "bad" writing, because I think it makes it obvious that it's not what appears to be . . . it would be bad writing if I'm wrong, so I'm hoping I'm not! Sorry, I'm trying not to give anything away, but also need to warn those of my friends that I know will have issue with the ending that they need to keep an open mind and go on to the next books! *Hopefully* we won't be disappointed!!

Can't wait to get my hands on Book 2 "City of Ashes" and then I'll have to wait till March for Book 3 "City of Glass". Ahhh! Yet ANOTHER unfinished series I have been sucked into!! But so good that I guess I'll have to patiently suffer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Bones.