Jen's Reviews > The Holy Bible

The Holy Bible by Anonymous

May 14, 2008

bookshelves: currently-reading
Recommended for: All seeking God's purpose and will and wanting to live Godly

The Holy Bible is the written world inspired by God and written by many who walked and talked with God over the past 6000 years. The creation of man, man's fall, God's plan of salvation, the prophets, judges, kings. Christ and his disciples and his ordained Apostles and their works. The Bible is the human handbook of instruction for our daily life. It holds out hope it teaches truth, it shows us the comforter and how to walk uprightly in truth and rightousness. It is a book of Mystery, Murder, Love, Hate, Principles, Parables, Princess, Kings, Queens, Men and women, Lovers and those betrayed. Sex and lust, The bible has it all. The bible has layers and you can read something again and again and every find something new not understood before and it is the love of God for all humanity and his plan for all the come to salvation. Of his ultimate gift and grace and salvation for any and all who desire to claim it. It is not an easy book. It is a book if you want to be a better person you need daily in your life. Read with a prayer and open mind and let the Spirit of God open your eyes to his wonderful plan of Salvation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Holy Bible.

01/31/2016 marked as: currently-reading

message 1: by Mac (new) - rated it 1 star

Mac Why aren't people reading the original bible? Why only the king james version?

Rickey Here is a link to an interesting article that I think answers these questions as to why people are reading the King James Bible.

Toyin Amen yo!

Carolyn what would you consider the original bible?

Nate Durst I couldn't agree more

message 7: by JZ (new)

JZ Wow! Delusional review of a work of fiction written by a bunch of ignorant, cave-men animal herders, trying to make women take the blame for every evil. There's the layer that you missed.

lily:) Honestly, Jz, what was the point of that comment? You weren't convincing someone to share your beliefs, you were just rambling on about something that's not true.

message 9: by JZ (new)

JZ So sad for you. Think for yourself. Read the entire buy-bull, not just what you like. They hated women, and still do. How can you not see this?

lily:) They who? Jesus? No. God? No. I believe that there are some people in the Bible that hate women, but not the ones who are worshiped.

message 11: by heather feather (new)

heather feather I here agree with Lily... Jz learn your facts

message 12: by JZ (new)

JZ Wow! I never thought that someone would need to defend their lame position so fiercely and wrongly, let alone someone else to back her up without benefit of the thought process.
Are you kidding? God hates women from Genesis. Adam was created first. Eve was blamed for leading us all into original sin. BullS**t!
Get a clue, women!
The authors of the Buy-Bull that were selected by the popes that determined what they wanted to be the doctrine of the church were goat and sheep herders, with no formal learning, They were just beginning to learn that women got pregnant from sex, and that they were not always faithful. (Mary, mother of Jesus). Wake up and think for yourselves.
Jeez.

lily:) Eve was blamed for the original sin because she's the one that committed it. She was tempted by Satan to do the one thing she wasn't supposed to, and she did it. You're one of those feminists who ignores context and doesn't know too much about what she's talking about to begin with.

message 14: by JZ (new)

JZ Once again, how sad for you and your deliberate blindness. You stay true to that, and continue to believe in stories written by men to keep women where you think it's your place to be. Brainwashing worked well with you. How tragic.

lily:) Excuse me? You know nothing about me or what I do. How can you say I'm brainwashed when you don't know me at all apart from what little information you've gotten from a few comments on an online review? I'd say you're the ignorant one here.

message 16: by heather feather (new)

heather feather Wow Jz.... It is unlawful for you to say such things about Lily when she is stating her opinion.....

lily:) Thanks.

lily:) Thanks.

message 19: by heather feather (new)

heather feather Jz has no business saying things about you like that when all you're doing is stating your opinion. For one thing, he (or she) calls the Bible "buy-bull", which I interpret as buying (buy) bulls*** (bull)…

message 20: by JZ (new)

JZ Maroon_5_Heather_:) wrote: "Wow Jz.... It is unlawful for you to say such things about Lily when she is stating her opinion....."

Unlawful? hehehehehehehe What law? Can't wait to hear. I'm stating my opinion. I read the damn book, and your interpretation is illogical, and your defense of Lily ludicrous. Your attack on me, according to your rules, would be 'unlawful.'

So sorry I didn't have time for this foolishness earlier.

message 21: by JZ (new)

JZ Maroon_5_Heather_:) wrote: "Jz has no business saying things about you like that when all you're doing is stating your opinion. For one thing, he (or she) calls the Bible "buy-bull", which I interpret as buying (buy) bulls***..."

You got that one right. Congratulations!

Audrey I like I love reading God's word I love reading God's word

Rickey Interesting review. You make it sound much richer than I grew up thinking it was. A friend studying literature told me that so many references point back to it, directly in quotes or indirectly in our culture, that everyone would be wise to read it at least once. And, this guy was non-religious.

I have, since then, read most of it and found that wide range of human experience you described. Then, there are those compelling messages of hope for peace through compassion and loving-kindness... They sort of get one to think of the possibilities.