Jessica Has Her Nose in a Book's Reviews > Crazy Notion

Crazy Notion by Sarah Darlington

bookshelves: riri, romance, 2017-reads

This was an enjoyable afternoon read! Crazy Sexy Notion is the story of Raven & Mick. The two were best friends, enduring life at the trailer park & taking what Kansas gave them for 10 years...until Mick's dad came and took him away, leaving a vulnerable Raven with no protector. Fifteen years later, Mick travels from Maine to come save Raven, the same way he was rescued at age ten. He quickly learns that Raven is a prostitute with a daughter. Life has not been easy for her since Mick left.

The storyline is so different... the idea of a love story between a man and a hooker... could go very wrong or could be a wonderful story. This was a wonderful story! A quick read, took me about 4-5 hours to read the entire story & had me hooked the entire time. This was a perfect stand-alone novel. I don't think there's a lot more left of their story, although I would have liked it to be a little longer... it's not the romance that left me wanting more and more books centered on them. Perhaps the author will write on Nick (Mick's brother) and we can catch glimpses into Mick & Raven then.

All-in-all this was great for what it is... a quick romantic story that lets us lose ourselves for an afternoon. The characters were enjoyable. Raven annoyed me a little but unlike other main female characters, she wasn't the woman who wouldn't speak her mind. If she wanted to know something, she'd get the answer right then, which I really enjoy. Mick didn't make a bunch of dumb decisions either. There was no "I love you but I'm going to temporarily ignore you for another woman" type of moments.

Need to get away from reality for a bit? Want a quick-light read? Want something a little unique? Give it a go! You won't be disappointed!

I was provided a copy of this novel for an honest review. And I honestly enjoyed it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Notion.

December 22, 2017 – Started Reading