Nancy (The Avid Reader)'s Reviews > Cradled

Cradled by Christina Bauer

Elea and Rowan are attending a family festival when some mechanical men from another planet show up wanting Elea to return with them to their planet. The mechanical men are claiming that Elea’s parents have stolen all of their magic and their planet is dying. They want Elea to go back with them to try and convince her parents to return their magic. Elea of course refuses as when she exiled her parents with the intention of never seeing them again. But the mechanical men don’t give her choice when they kidnap Rowan’s little brother Jicho and take him back to their planet.

In the meantime Elea has a little surprise that she is carrying around inside of her, a surprise that she is worried about telling Rowan as she is concerned about how he is going to take to the news considering their past conversations. Every time she tries to tell him she freezes up and the words won’t come out. Besides every time she gets up the courage to speak to him about someone always interrupts them with something that just happens to be a little more important at the time.

There is a big surprise with a couple of characters crossing over from one of Christina’s other series. This is very welcome surprise one in which I would really love to see more of in the future.

I love the worlds that Christina creates for her books. Of all the books that I have read by Christina so far I have fallen in love from the beginning and can’t seem to get enough. The more I read the more I want. If I had to choose a favorite I don’t think I could.

Cradled is filled with action and love from the first page. I loved the cross over and that ending, the last chapter was so warm and sweet and downright amazing.

I would recommend Cradled to all fans of the Beholder series or any fan of Christina’s books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cradled.

December 21, 2017 – Shelved