Kaitlyn Bouchillon's Reviews > Blessed Are the Misfits: Great News for Believers who are Introverts, Spiritual Strugglers, or Just Feel Like They're Missing Something

Blessed Are the Misfits by Brant Hansen

It's hard to sum up or describe this book, but to put it bluntly: you should read it.

In a humble, humorous, and hopeful way, Brant Hansen tackles difficult topics with thoughtful insight. If you listen to Brant on the radio, you'll pick up on his tone of voice immediately and will likely feel like you're reading a book written by a friend. But even if you've never heard of Brant before, I think you'll feel the exact same way - it just might take a minute to understand his writing style. Stick with it... he has important things to say and he says them in a thoughtful, encouraging way.

Raelee Carpenter said this in her GoodReads review of Blessed are the Misfits, and I couldn't agree more: "This book is...hard to describe. Funny, honest, heart-breaking, and hopeful. Profoundly awkward and utterly profound. If you don't "get" modern, western church or Christianity, but you still want to follow Jesus, this book is a good place to start."

I can't think of a single person who wouldn't be encouraged by this book. I've just finished it, but I know I'll be re-reading it again soon.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blessed Are the Misfits.

December 21, 2017 – Started Reading