Fanna's Reviews > Bending the Universe

Bending the Universe by Justin Anthony Wetch

72205668

bookshelves: poetry, 2017-releases, realistic-issues, mental-health, male-author, digital-review-copy, 2018-releases

I genuinely liked this! I don't often read poetry but these poems centered around realistic, common and current scenarios was a good enough reason for me to keep reading them. The collection is divided into five sections, five essential topics that basically sums up everyone--society, love, life, personal and nature. The first section opened with a bang and I couldn't help but smile at how relatable some stanzas were; the commonly seen and felt instances were well-constructed in a manner that didn't come across too harshly but the point was made evident. The other sections were good too, but a few poems in each part seemed a bit rushed and not particularly overwhelming, something I expect from poetry. While this erratic selection worked greatly in a few bits, they did tone down the excitement in a few.

Regardless, I would certainly recommend this to those who love their poems transpired from real-life experiences, thoughts and circumstances, giving the readers a transparent vision.

Disclaimer: I received a digital copy of this book via Netgalley but that in no way influences my rating or opinions about it. Thank you Andrews McMeel Publishing and Justin Wetch!

Blog | Twitter | Tumblr

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bending the Universe.

December 21, 2017 – Started Reading