Katie Kearney 's Reviews > The Summer Springsteen's Songs Saved Me

The Summer Springsteen's Songs Saved Me by Barbara  Quinn

The Summer Springsteen's Songs Saved Me: A Warm and Inspiring Novel by Barbara Quinn is a fun, inspiring and unique take on an age old tale.
Sophia never expected to come home and find her husband cheating on her. Unfortunately that is exactly what she finds after an already stressful day. So like any well self-respecting woman, she burns his clothes and scratches a colorful word into his Porsche. Once that is done she hops into her car, turns up Bruce and decides to drive and never look back. Eventually she lands in the resort town of Bradley Beach, NJ where she begins to heal with the help of friends both old and new and someone that just might actually be worthy of her.
This was an amazing book. I loved that every important moment was highlighted by a Springsteen song. I found it amazing that the author writes characters that are so genuine that you can honestly feel the emotions that are radiating off the page. The plot, while familiar, was told with enough twists and turns to keep me turning page after page to see what would happen to Sophia next. I also love that there is real character growth for Sofia. We get to see that she is just as flawed as we are and through this we get the chance to see that everyone is capable of growth and change for the better. Definitely giving this novel a five star rating for its originality and humor.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer Springsteen's Songs Saved Me.

December 20, 2017 – Started Reading