Katie Fitzgerald's Reviews > The Journey of Little Charlie

The Journey of Little Charlie by Christopher Paul Curtis

2281988

bookshelves: did-not-finish

I have always said I would gladly read anything by Christopher Paul Curtis, but the dialect in this book is just too much of a stumbling block for me and I decided to abandon the ARC after the first chapter. Reading dialect feels very tedious to me, and trying to read it aloud just made me sound foolish. I will consider revisiting the story as an audiobook in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Journey of Little Charlie.

December 19, 2017 – Shelved
December 19, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
January 21, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs-to-read
January 27, 2018 – Shelved as: did-not-finish

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Julier Michael Crouch (Narrator) does a great job on the audio version. I checked it out from my library (through Overdrive). Try it, you'll like it.

message 2: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Fitzgerald Oh good! I will check to see if my local libraries have it yet. I definitely want to listen.

Julier Katie wrote: "Oh good! I will check to see if my local libraries have it yet. I definitely want to listen." Glad to know I encouraged you! (I spent the last 10 years of teaching as librarian/media specialist K-6. It ended up being a great match for me! I get excited about books...)

Melody I am loving the audiobook. About half way through. Give it a try.