Dennis's Reviews > Killman Creek

Killman Creek by Rachel Caine

bookshelves: 2017-read, mystery, thriller, favorites

Stillhouse Lake was only the beginning. Gwen Proctor has been betrayed and trapped with her two children, Lanny and Connor. Gwen's husband—serial killer Melvin Royal has planned his revenge on his ex wife. Melvin's master scheme has been meticulously planned for years—including a cyber security spider web, dark net trafficking, and an operative set of cult-like followers. Killman Creek takes Gwen and company to the darkest levels of modern day crime. Melvin Royal isn't the only criminal at play this time, but who else? This time around is Melvin Royal only a pawn in a much bigger, sinister, evil chess game—but who's leading the game?

When I first read Stillhouse Lake, I was completely addicted. I fell in love with Gwen, her children, and her allies. I was rooting for them! I immediately ran to Amazon and pressed "buy now" without question. It was like it was a reflex or something involuntary. Excited to pick up Killman Creek , I began immediately and was excited to see what was next for the Proctors. This book differs from Stillhouse Lake in many ways and I want to break it down for you because this read is not going to be for everybody, but I hope everybody who read Stillhouse Lake reads this!

When reading Stillhouse Lake, we are greeted to a backstory and only get bits and pieces of the story, leading up to suspenseful chapters and moments that could tingle up your spin. With Killman Creek , forget it because that will not happen. This read is not so much suspense, but more of an action-packed thriller. That's not to say it isn't worthy of a five star rating! I was so hooked right from the beginning. Killman Creek basically starts with chaos and continues its action until the very end. If you liked Stillhouse Lake, Killman Creek blows it out of the water!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killman Creek.

December 19, 2017 – Shelved
December 19, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
December 23, 2017 – Started Reading
December 23, 2017 –
25.0% "This series is so amazing! Ahhhhh"
December 24, 2017 –