D.M.'s Reviews > Wicked Charm

Wicked Charm by Amber Hart

bookshelves: arc-books-including-netgalley

Wicked charm is a suspense, mysterious novel set in Okefenokee, Georgia alongside a boggy swamp. It's a little spooky, it's quirky and unique.

Willow Bell and her parents are moving in with her grandmother. She lives in a desolate area near a swamp. Their only neighbours are the Cadwell family. A disturbingly beautiful family with a wicked charm. Beau is Willows age and known for breaking hearts. Girls fall for his good lucks, but unfortunately, he gets bored easily. Willow isn't immune to Beau's charms, however, she has read the warning label. The Cadwell family are bad news but also hard to resist.

Beau takes an interest in Willow straight away. He wants to get to know her which is unusual for him. This is the classic story of wanting what you can't have but there is depth to their relationship. They both want similar things and Willow takes the time to get to know Beau.

Beau has a girlfriend when Willow comes to town adding to his bad boy edge, however, this doesn't impress Willow. He does what he does best and breaks Samantha's heart. Unfortunately, his ex-girlfriends start to turn up dead near the swamp, who are the suspects;

-Beau for obvious reasons
-His sister Charlotte is also a mysterious cold-hearted tough cookie
-His grandad also has a bad reputation
-Then there are all his ex-girlfriends, their families and friends
-His own friends
-Willow

Everyone might want to say date Beau but everyone also kind of hates him. He's had it too good for too long and someone thinks it's time he pays.

When I started reading this it reminded me of Beautiful Creatures, however, this mystery was like nothing I've read before and I was hooked on every page. I love the swamp setting and the suspense. My only niggle was the fact this book kept mentioning Beau's wicked side and I didn't really feel like we saw it.

4.5 stars out of 5. I would totally love to see a sequel to this story- Charlotte instalment.

This book is written from both Willow and Beau's point of view. Perfect Teen read. The two main characters are perfect for each other.

*ARC received. My review is fair and honest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Charm.

December 18, 2017 – Shelved