Chrissi Sepe's Reviews > The Big Book of Submission, Volume 2: 69 Kinky Tales

The Big Book of Submission, Volume 2 by Rachel Kramer Bussel

I received an advance copy and voluntarily chose to review this collection of 69 very short erotic stories that all deal with the theme of “Submission.” What I particularly like about this collection is how much variety and contrast there is from story to story. For example, sometimes it is a male who submits, other times it is a female. These are not stereotypical bondage stories. Instead, they each get into the psychology of the characters. While some stories use explicitly sexual language, others don’t even use one x-rated word!

In “Chased By The Wolf” by Mischa Eliot, the submissive woman wears a bunny costume sent to her by her dominant to attend “The Predators And Prey Ball” at the local zoo. Eliot describes the zoo and nighttime chase of the participants so expertly that I felt like I was there. When the dominant finally catches his submissive, she is “scooped up and carried off.” He then brings her to his home where she says: “He bathed me and petted me until I begged for more.” He then teases her, making her wait. They don’t even have sex in this story, and there is not one sexually explicit term, yet it is so sexy and a complete turn-on!

“Roped In” by Adrea Kore is about “Shibari” which is a Japanese erotic rope bondage practice. Kore’s skillful description of the character’s experience with the rope’s feel of release and tension while it snakes around her body is concurrently described with the tension and suspense that builds up throughout the storyline. The Shibari practice, which she is introduced to at a workshop, is completely new to her. Kore relays to us in the beginning that a rope is involved. This immediately conjures up images of a rough, beige-colored rope. We learn that this is not the case and that the rope is red and silky, and the male Shibari instructor says: “Rope has its own intuitive intelligence. It responds to different bodies in different ways.” It turns out that Kore’s character is VERY responsive to the rope! She submits to it and, in a sense, to all the people involved in the workshop who are watching which is very erotic!

“Metamorphoses” by Emmanuelle de Maupassant is a very sexy story about a young female librarian’s assistant and the headmaster of the school. We are initially introduced to the main librarian, an older woman, who hired this assistant and claims she made a good choice in hiring the young woman because she is so helpful. She says that she has even offered to close up the library for her for the third night in a row. Little does she know that the headmaster has been “servicing” the young assistant after hours by having her climb up the bookshelves while she reads to him as he slowly undresses her. Apparently, this is a new sexual awakening for her. While he prepares to pleasure her, she assures herself that she is still, indeed, herself: “Apple of her father’s eye, church on Sundays, doesn’t stay out late. She’s a good girl, isn’t she?” It is the young woman who submits in this story, but then again, she is the one who is being focused on and is the one receiving the pleasure. So even though he is enjoying her submission, it seems he is submitting to her more than she is to him!

Dr. J’s “Lashed” takes place on a sailing ship at sea. This very hot and sensual story is revealed to us as the female co-captain describes the male captain: “Nelson had always taken care of me, my well-being, my safety. But today he expressed a need.” His need consists of undressing her and giving her a flimsy gauze to wear, tying her up to a pole on the boat while she faces the bow of the boat, and he takes pictures of her. As he snaps the photos, she feels consumed by the ocean and at one with it. Feeling her arousal grow, she says: “The ocean whispered to me. ‘You are his. Submit.’”

This collection also contains hardcore BDSM material, but it is never run of the mill. The stories are complex, and there truly is something for everyone here. Each story is well thought out and not written merely as a device to get off. While so much erotica focuses more on what men want to read (or what women writers and women readers think men want them to read and also want from them regarding sex in general), these stories are more truthful. I would recommend “The Big Book Of Submission Volume 2” to any reader of erotic fiction: male, female, feminist, and hardcore BDSM advocate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Big Book of Submission, Volume 2.

Finished Reading