Helena's Reviews > Sarah Thornhill

Sarah Thornhill by Kate Grenville

Oct 10, 2011

Read the whole book in a day. Loved it. As soon as started reading it, I realized I was in the presence of a master story teller.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sarah Thornhill.

message 1: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue Sharp not available in Canada until early 2012, so I have it on my to read list, thanks.

Helena Hi Sue, I'd recommend reading her first book "The Secret River" before reading this one as it's supposed to be a sequel...H

message 3: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue Sharp Thanks, I'll track it down and read it first. I'm doing most of my reading on an e-reader now but there are still lots of titles not available in e format. What would we do without books? (I haven't owned a tv now for over 5 years, so I can't imagine....)

Helena I am obsessed with books! Always looking for what to read next - have about 20 in my "to read" list - so many books, so little time! I find it hard to read properly on my ipad - perhaps a kindle would be better - I don't like reading on a backlit screen

message 5: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue Sharp I bought a Kobo and love it! (not backlit). There is a new Kobo Vox coming out though that I would have waited for if I had known it was coming. In one of the books I just read there was a comment about once you start to e read, you never go back.... I still like to hold a book, but I might just get over that :)