Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > Trance

Trance by Kelly Meding

This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.com.

Expected Release Date: October 25, 2011 (Available Now!)
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Imprint: Pocket Books
Author’s Website: http://www.kellymeding.com/
My Source for This Book: GalleyGrab
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, MetaWars
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy

Channeling the same spirit behind the popular X-Men universe with subtle nods to Disney's The Incredibles, this first installment into the MetaWars series nevertheless sucked me in from the opening salvo and spit me out much later, emotionally battered but ultimately incredibly satisfied with the ride I'd just taken.

Trance was a great leading character for the story, with her stubbornness and vulnerabilities blending to create an imperfect heroine who made plenty of mistakes but ultimately rallied to come through when it was really needed. Her relationship with Cipher, while not really taking a front seat in the story, was a great balance to all of the adrenaline inducing action, and the rest of the characters did a beautiful job of balancing out the team as a whole.

The mystery of the villain was well done, despite the fact I figured it out fairly early, and even without that, each individual confrontation was incredibly exciting, with no indication of whether or not all of the characters would make it out alive.

While I did find the confrontations to be overwhelming at times, I am still greatly looking forward to the sequel, Changeling, expected out summer of 2o12.

4/5 Stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trance.

10/30/2011 page 83
10/30/2011
83.0% "lol no I didn't read quite that fast, just put the last update in incorrectly :P" 1 comment