Rebecca's Reviews > Wedding Cake Crumble

Wedding Cake Crumble by Jenn McKinlay

bookshelves: ebooks, cozy-mysteries

Angie and Tate's big day is just.... well DAYS away. And I CAN'T WAIT. We the readers have been waiting for this day for years and years and I can't believe it's gonna happen. Can they get to the big day without any hiccups? Of course not! Mel and Angie find that the wedding photograph and friend has been murdered in his own studio. It turns out his murder is linked to the murders of a couple other vendors that Angie and Tate hired for their wedding.

I enjoyed the idea of a “mean girl” writer, making millions by publishing a book about all the crazy rich people and scandals that happened in her former neighborhood “The Palms”. It created an abundance of possible suspects and motives. I will say that I guessed the suspect right away, but that is probably because I read all Jenn McKinlay’s books and was looking for red herrings... or more likely it was a lucky guess.

Oz and Marty were more involved in this story and that made me happy. I didn’t think they were getting enough page tome lately. And like Mel kept saying, they are “her people”. I could always see more of Joe, but I thought it was fun that his brother Ray was a critical character. It would be even more fun to get to know more of his brothers as the series progresses.

I loved this book and had so much happy nostalgia. It makes me happy that Mel and Angie are accomplishing dreams and finding happiness. I’m a sucker for a happy ending. Now I just want to see Mel and dear Joe tie the knot!

Note: I received this free copy from Netgalley for an honest review. I have loved this series from the beginning and am an avid fan of this author, so I was excited about the opportunity to read this book before it was published!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wedding Cake Crumble.

December 17, 2017 – Shelved