Mary Drover's Reviews > Secrets for the Mad

Secrets for the Mad by Dodie Clark

bookshelves: favorites, nonfiction

THIS BOOK. Every young girl in high school needs to read this. I wish I had had this at ages 14-17 to tell me that I wasn’t going crazy, that these feelings were normal. YOU ARE NORMAL. Holy magic! I’m normal, guys. Other people experience this wild, uncontrollable whirlwind of emotions. Sure, Dodie experiences them in high extremes, but still. STILL! If you’re looking for a gift in the coming year to get a young girl, get her this. She needs to read it. It will make her feel so much better. I even wish I had it in college. I just wish I’ve had it for my entire life.

What is this magical book about? Just Dodie’s life. She’s a YouTuber that Erin introduced me to, and this is the story of her life through all of her emotional trials and tribulations. She walks us through what her mental illness looks like on a daily basis, and just how long it took her to figure out what was going on in her head. She talks a little about her life now, going on tour and performing in front of thousands of people, but mostly she talks about learning how to survive with herself. It’s an inspiring, beautiful novel, and everyone needs to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets for the Mad.

December 16, 2017 – Shelved