LeeAnne's Reviews > The Sweetheart Sham

The Sweetheart Sham by Danielle Ellison

liked it

I have mixed feelings about this book. Though it has strong, relatable characters I was really disappointed in Georgie’s character always bugging Beau about not coming out as gay. She is supposed to be his best friend and literally almost every time they’re together she’s telling him how he should just suck it up and come out to his family. It was very unbestfriend-like of her. Besides that though I really enjoyed the actual storyline, Georgie is a single girl who had it bad for Beau’s cousin Will, whom had family issues and wound up moving away pretty much overnight, breaking Georgie’s heart in the process. Now, Will is coming home but Georgie has no idea (and she’s also just become Beau’s beard to keep his family off his back.) When Will finds out that his bestfriend/cousin and the so love of his life are together he’s determined not to intervene, just to let them be happy but his heart is invested and it becomes more difficult with each day that passes.

Something else that I didn’t love about this story is that we get more from Beau and Georgie then from Will and Georgie, I just feel like Will didn’t really get to tell his part of the story and that made the story flow oddly for me. I’m giving 3 stars.

I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweetheart Sham.