Isabelle G's Reviews > The Voice on the Radio

The Voice on the Radio by Caroline B. Cooney

Oct 10, 2011

I think that this book was a great book, because I learned a lot more about the charcaters I alredy knew in this book. I thought that Janie's boyfriend Reeve was a very reliable person to Janie, but he told Janie's story on his collage radio station (I didn't see that coming!) I also found out that the Springs (Janie's original family) sent their oldest son off to colage in another state. I never thougt that they'd let any oftheir kids go to another state by themselves- they can't suffer having another child lost.
I also thoguht that the set-up of this book was really cool, because each paragraph was in a different place- one was about Janie with her Conneticuit family, the next about the Springs, and one about Reeve at collage.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Voice on the Radio.

October 10, 2011 – Shelved
October 17, 2011 –
page 125
October 19, 2011 –
page 168
75.0% "I think that Janie Johnson hasn't been as mean to the Springs (her original family) as she was in the last book. When Stephen Spring (her brother) and his father went to the airport, Janie gave them both big hugs and said "see you at Christmas!" I think that Janie feels safe with the Springs now, because she knows that she can stay with her other family, the Johnsons, who she's been living with for 12 years."
October 19, 2011 – Finished Reading