Carol [Goodreads Addict]'s Reviews > Cowboy, It's Cold Outside

Cowboy, It's Cold Outside by Lori Wilde

bookshelves: christmas, contemporary-romance, cowboys

Cowboy, It’s Cold Outside is book eight in the Twilight, Texas series by Lori Wilde. First, I want to say that this is my very first book by Lori Wilde. So yes, you can totally read this as a stand alone. There are characters that I am sure have been the focus of previous books in the series but it didn’t detract at all from my enjoyment of this book. And, enjoy it I did. This is a beautifully written, sweet, lovely book. I highlighted so many quotes that I can’t decide which ones to give you. I sighed, swooned, laughed and ached for these two characters.

Cash Colton/inspiration

Cash Colton is a country music star that has hit a road block. One year ago, his relationship ended with his girl friend, his band broke up, and his favorite guitar was stolen. And, he stopped hearing the music. A year out of the country to try to find himself doesn’t seem to have helped. He’s come back to Twilight, Texas as a favor to his best friend, Emma, to play in a charity event. It’s December 2. When he arrived at the play house to see Emma’s play, he is greeted at the door by a woman in a sexy Santa Baby outfit, and one look into her eyes, and the music came back.

houseboat at christmas

Paige MacGregor certainly isn’t where she thought she would be at this stage of her life. She lost her father eighteen months ago and now has her Grammie in a nursing home. An ex-boyfriend who unbeknownst to her was a con man, has taken everything she has to her name, so now she’s trying to put the pieces back together working three jobs and just trying to hang on while living on a houseboat. When Cash walks into the play house, she felt the world tilt. The connection was like nothing she had ever experienced. But, Paige knows all about suave men who know how to smooth talk a woman. There is no way she is falling for that again. Cash may be used to women falling at his feet but she won’t be one of them.

But Cash doesn’t discourage easily. Paige is his muse. Whole songs are exploding into his head every time he sees her. He would somehow convince her to give him a chance. The problem was that Cash never has really committed to a woman and Paige is most definitely not a short term type of woman. But, when their lips finally did touch, everything Cash thought he knew about love changed

“When he’d kissed her the world had shifted. It was as if he’d been wearing a blindfold all his life and someone had yanked it off to reveal a lush, beautiful garden full of wondrous things.”

“When he kissed her it felt as if she was returning home after years of wandering aimlessly through the world, not even knowing she was searching. And now finding it all the same.”

sweet dance

Try as she might, Paige falls and falls hard. But can she ever really fit into Cash’s world? Can she just enjoy the time he is here and let him go when his time is finished? The music Cash is writing is his best work ever. But it’s completely different than what he’s known for. He’s sure that this is the direction he is supposed to take but what will everyone else think?

“When I see your face the world fills with music.”

I loved every page of this book. These two were perfect for each other but they had so much to work through before they could truly move forward together. Despite everything she had been through, Paige loved everything about Christmas and her sunny attitude filled the pages. And Cash, well, he pretty much had me from the first page.

love always wins

If I have one complaint, it’s that I wanted a little more in the epilogue. I wanted to know what happened with Cash’s music and if Paige got her credit issues ironed out. I guess that means the author did her job because she left me wanting more. Perhaps there will be more in future books in this series? This was a perfect addition to my holiday reading and I highly recommend it.

“I choose you. All the time. Every time. No exception.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowboy, It's Cold Outside.

December 16, 2017 – Started Reading
December 16, 2017 – Shelved
December 16, 2017 – Shelved as: christmas
December 16, 2017 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
December 16, 2017 – Shelved as: cowboys
December 16, 2017 –
24.0% "Really enjoying this so far! My first Lori Wilde book!"
December 17, 2017 –
40.0% "Chapter 10
"What's with you girl? Even my legally blind granny can see that man's crazy 'bout you.""
December 17, 2017 –
59.0% "Chapter 15
"She was his muse. She lit his fire, his heart, and his creativity. He wanted her."

I think that is one of the most beautiful love scenes I have ever read."
December 18, 2017 –
80.0% "Chapter 20
"Love is the answer to everything. In a flash of inspiration, Cash understood what he must do.""
December 18, 2017 –
100.0% "This was SUCH a good book. Review soon!"
December 18, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla Lovely review, Carol! Glad your first read by this author was a winner. xoxo

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Karla wrote: "Lovely review, Carol! Glad your first read by this author was a winner. xoxo"

Thanks so much, Karla. It really was such a wonderful book!! XO

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Such a wonderful review!! Glad you are finding some good ones for Christmas!!! ❤️

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Jenny wrote: "Such a wonderful review!! Glad you are finding some good ones for Christmas!!! ❤️"

Thanks, Jenny! It really was such a fantastic book!!!

message 5: by Ivy (last edited Dec 18, 2017 07:21PM) (new)

Ivy H Love the photo of Henry Cavill ! He's perfect !
: )

message 6: by Treece (new)

Treece A sweet story! Lovely review, Carol.

message 7: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Awesome review, dear Carol! xoxo

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Ivy wrote: "Love the photo of Henry Cavill ! He's perfect !
: )"

Thanks, Ivy. He makes a perfect Cash! XO

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Treece wrote: "A sweet story! Lovely review, Carol."

Thanks, Treece. I'm so glad I decided to try this one!! XO

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Nazanin wrote: "Awesome review, dear Carol! xoxo"

Thanks so much, Nazanin! It was such a sweet book!! XO

message 11: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review Carol ;) xoxo

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Wendy wrote: "Great review Carol ;) xoxo"

Thanks so much, Wendy! I really, really enjoyed it!!

message 13: by Alp (new) - added it

Alp Wonderful review, Carol. This one sounds good. Added it! :)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Alp wrote: "Wonderful review, Carol. This one sounds good. Added it! :)"

Thanks, Alp. I loved it! Hope you do too. Happy Reading!