warhawke's Reviews > Queen of Shadows

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

bookshelves: fuck-buddy-read, paranormal-sci-fi-fantasy, young-adult
Recommended for: Kick ass fantasy lovers

Genre: YA Fantasy
Type: Book 4 of 7 from Throne of Glass Series
POV: Third Person
Rating:

The time has arrived when Aelin Galathynius finally had a reason to embrace her true self. As situation turned desperate she must use her wits against ever increasing enemies and learn to trust possible much needed allies.

The woman before him shouldered burdens that would break the spine of someone three times her age.

When Aelin returned to the city, a lot of things had changed including herself. With a newfound sense of responsibilities, she worked towards doing what's right even if it potentially haunt her later.

"Once magic is free, who is to stop the monsters from coming out again? Who is to stop you?”

A lot of things happened in this book with each characters had their own ups and downs. For me one if the saddest thing that happened was the breaking down of friendship - there was more than one.

I actually wasn't feeling much the first 50% of the book. But once it picked up, I felt like my wind got sucked up by a certain Fae prince lol! Especially towards the end I was clinging to my hope by a thread and I was afraid to finish it if that hope would be shredded to pieces haha!

War—war was coming. And they might not all survive it.

Queen of Shadows is a story of hope and rising up against the odd. I'm looking forward to see how the story will evolve in the next book.

Books in the series:
The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas Untitled (Throne of Glass, #7) by Sarah J. Maas

✴️ 👑 ✴️ . . . (F)BR With Loyda & Mer . . . ✴️ 👑 ✴️

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Shadows.

December 12, 2017 – Started Reading
December 12, 2017 – Shelved
1.0% ".
✴️ 👑 ✴️ . . . (F)BR With Loyda & Mer . . . ✴️ 👑 ✴️

650 pages here I come! *dies* lol!
I'll be the ice queen in the middle :D

December 13, 2017 –
10.0% " And yet … For her friends, for her family, she would gladly be a monster. For Rowan, for Dorian, for Nehemia, she would debase and degrade and ruin herself.

December 13, 2017 –
20.0% " “and I don’t care what you were to me, or what you have done to help me. You betray them, you hurt them, and I don’t care how long it takes, or how far you go: I’ll burn you and your gods-damned kingdom to ash. Then you’ll learn just how much of a monster I can be.”

December 14, 2017 –
37.0% " “Who is that?” Nesryn asked.
Aedion smiled. “Rowan.”

December 14, 2017 –
48.0% " “I wouldn’t put it past Lorcan to return the favor you dealt him tonight. He forgets and forgives even less easily than you do. Especially when someone threatens to cut off his manhood.”

“At least I said it would be a big mistake,” she said with a fiendish grin. “I was tempted to say ‘little.’”

December 15, 2017 –
67.0% " “Just to make sure I have it right: we are now facing three thousand bloodthirsty Ironteeth witches on wyverns. And a host of deadly soldiers gathering in the south of Adarlan, likely to cut off any alliance between Terrasen and the southern kingdoms.”

December 15, 2017 –
75.0% " Fireheart, the Fae warrior murmured. Manon would have watched—would have, had she not coughed blood onto the bright grass and blacked out.

December 15, 2017 –
87.0% " “Fight it,” she panted. The sun angled closer.
“Fight it. We get to come back.”

December 15, 2017 –
93.0% " There was nothing left.

December 15, 2017 –
100.0% " “Welcome home, Aelin.”

December 15, 2017 – Finished Reading
December 17, 2017 – Shelved as: fuck-buddy-read
December 17, 2017 – Shelved as: paranormal-sci-fi-fantasy
December 17, 2017 – Shelved as: young-adult

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Lo Bookfrantic Excellent review, War!! Girl you don't even know how happy I am you're enjoying this series. And Mer and I are just dying for you to read the next few books if this one made you feel all this?! You just wait 😇😂😂😂

warhawke Loyda wrote: "Excellent review, War!! Girl you don't even know how happy I am you're enjoying this series. And Mer and I are just dying for you to read the next few books if this one made you feel all this?! You..."

We'll see.... if I get depressed and shit I'll blame you guys for dragging me into this rabbit hole hahah!

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review ;) xoxo

warhawke Wendy wrote: "Great review ;) xoxo"

Thank you Wendy!

message 5: by Liz (new) - added it

Liz FANTASTIC review WAR! I am so glad you are enjoying this series! :)

warhawke Elizabeth wrote: "FANTASTIC review WAR! I am so glad you are enjoying this series! :)"

Thank you Liz! Yeah I’ve been corrupted haha!

message 7: by Judith (new)

Judith Fab review,babe,x

warhawke Judith wrote: "Fab review,babe,x"

Thanks Judith!

message 9: by CC (new)

CC Maybe I should start reading YA based on those teasers? I’m liking you know who. Haha!
Excellent review, Twinsie!! oXo

warhawke CC wrote: "Maybe I should start reading YA based on those teasers? I’m liking you know who. Haha!
Excellent review, Twinsie!! oXo"

Make it your 2018 reading resolution lol!
Thanks Twinsie 😁