Dawn Michelle's Reviews > The Cracked Spine

The Cracked Spine by Paige Shelton

Oooooo, THIS is a going to be a good series!!!! SO many red herrings. SO many interesting characters. A charming pub owner who is devilishly handsome AND wear kilts!!! Yes please. ;-) AND it is a bookshop. In Scotland. Yes. Freaking. Please.

I really like Delaney as a MC; she is fun and hilarious and has just enough small town in her to make you really like her. Kansas is not somewhere I'd pick to live [and am grateful that isn't where my parent's decided we all should live - though every time she talks about the Kansas wheat fields, all I can hear is the John Denver song where he sings about growing up around the Kansas wheat fields] and I admire her spunk in picking up and moving to Scotland without knowing a soul [I did that when I was 23 - moved to NYC and I knew no one] for a job. So awesome.

The narrator is very good in this as well; she does Scottish accents very well and it made listening to this book very enjoyable.

I am really looking forward to book 2 in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cracked Spine.

December 12, 2017 – Shelved
December 12, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
December 12, 2017 – Shelved as: audiobook-hoopla
January 24, 2018 – Started Reading
January 24, 2018 –
January 24, 2018 –
25.0% "Ohhhhhhhh I am enjoying this one. The narrator is very good with voices and accents. SO much better than the last cozies I read about a Scottish bookshop. THIS is going to be a very good series."
January 29, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-cruisin-through-the-cozies