Nazanin's Reviews > The Good Samaritan

The Good Samaritan by John Marrs

bookshelves: 2017, fiction, favorites, mystery, netgalley

5+++ Wonderful Stars

Wow, such an amazing story! I loved LOVED it! It was my second read by this author but as my previous read by him wasn’t that good, this one compensated it! This book took me out of my comfort zone (pushed me so hard) and let me tell you this one was an uncomfortable read but I’m glad I read it, it was definitely worth it! It was a really good psychological thriller, a page turner one, I couldn’t put it down and I was on the edge of my seat all the time! Well done Mr. Marrs!
Laura works for The End of the Line. The End of the Line’s purpose is to be some one a caller can unload their problems onto and help them to get through it but at the end it’s the callers’ decision to do the right/wrong thing!!

"It believes that everyone has the right to live or die on his or her own terms … We believe it’s absolutely their decision to end their lives and we won’t try to talk them out of it … We listen, we don’t act."

But Laura has her own agenda. She manipulated them and used it in her own favor. She is so smart and so cruel. Everything is fine with her (or it’s better to say she thinks that way) until Steven called her and said he doesn’t want to be alive anymore. And it’s not just this, the story turned in other unexpected ways. First you think you know her well enough, but then everything chaned and you realized that you know nothing about her! The author did a good job to bring so much hatred in me!

"Reading people’s misery and answering questions often helped to relax me."

The writing was amazing, the characters were so perfect and the story line was well-written. my only complaint was the ending. I just wanted to see (view spoiler) Told in dual POV (except the epilogue), 1st person. All in all, I loved it so much and I hope you enjoy it just like me!

Thanks to John Marrs, Netgalley and Thomas & Mercer for the advanced digital copy in exchange an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Samaritan.

December 11, 2017 – Started Reading
December 11, 2017 – Shelved
December 13, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017
December 13, 2017 – Shelved as: fiction
December 13, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
December 13, 2017 – Shelved as: mystery
December 13, 2017 – Shelved as: netgalley
December 13, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)

message 1: by Lyn (new) - added it

Lyn Glad you loved it, hon! xx

message 2: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Great review Nazanin!! Sounds really good!!🤗💜

Zannie (darktwistybooks) Great review. I won this through a goodreads giveaway and can't wait to read it! :-)

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Fantastic review Nazanin!! ;-) <3

Helga Great review Nazanin!

message 6: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Another fantastic review Nazanin💕😊

Nazanin Lyn wrote: "Glad you loved it, hon! xx"

Thanks so much, babe! 💙

Kaceey wrote: "Great review Nazanin!! Sounds really good!!🤗💜"

It was! Thanks very much, Kaceey! 💚

Zannie (darktwistybooks) wrote: "Great review. I won this through a goodreads giveaway and can't wait to read it! :-)"

Hope you enjoy it as well! Thanks a lot, Zannie! 💗

Hajar wrote: "Fabulous review, Nazanin💜 So glad you loved it😊"

Thanks a bunch, Hajar! 💟

Nazanin Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" wrote: "Fantastic review Nazanin!! ;-) <3"

Thanks so much, Sophie! 💞

Helga wrote: "Great review Nazanin!"

Thanks very much, Helga!

Maureen wrote: "Another fantastic review Nazanin💕😊"

Thanks a lot, Maureen! 💖

message 9: by Shile (new)

Shile Fab review babe! xx

message 10: by Crumb (new)

Crumb Fabulous review, Nazanin!

message 11: by Hanne (new)

Hanne Excellent review!

message 12: by Steffi (new)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ Terrific review, love! Glad you loved it!! xoox

message 13: by Diane (new)

Diane Wallace Wonderful review! :)

message 14: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review sweetie :)

⚜️Charlotte⚜️ Fab review Sweetie! 😉💖😘

Nazanin Shile loves books wrote: "Fab review babe! xx"

Thanks a bunch, hun! 💖

Crumb wrote: "Fabulous review, Nazanin!"

Thanks so much, Crumb!

Hanne wrote: "Excellent review!"

Thanks very much, Hanne!

Steffi wrote: "Terrific review, love! Glad you loved it!! xoox"

Thanks a lot, babe! 💜

Nazanin Diane wrote: "Wonderful review! :)"

Thanks a bunch, Diane! 😊

Jessica's wrote: "Great review sweetie :)"

Thanks so much, babe! 💕

⚜️Charlotte⚜️ wrote: "Fab review Sweetie! 😉💖😘"

Thanks very much, hun! 💛😍

Nazanin Diane wrote: "Wonderful review! :)"

Thanks a bunch, Diane! 😊

Jessica's wrote: "Great review sweetie :)"

Thanks so much, babe! 💕

⚜️Charlotte⚜️ wrote: "Fab review Sweetie! 😉💖😘"

Thanks very much, hun! 💛😍

message 19: by Karla (new)

Karla Babe, I’m gonna check this one out so I’ll read your review after but I’m sure it’s awesome lol! ✨🌺✨

Nazanin Karla wrote: "Babe, I’m gonna check this one out so I’ll read your review after but I’m sure it’s awesome lol! ✨🌺✨"

Hope you enjoy it too if/whenever you decided to read it! Thanks a lot, amiga! xoxo <33

message 21: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan Excellent Review!!!

message 22: by Ida (new)

Ida Great review, Nazanin!

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Terrific review hun ;) xo

Nazanin Susan wrote: "Excellent Review!!!"

Thanks a bunch, Susan!

Ida wrote: "Great review, Nazanin!"

Thanks so much, Ida!

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ wrote: "Terrific review hun ;) xo"

Thanks very much, babe! xoxo

message 25: by Lisa.T.H (new)

Lisa.T.H I'm so conflicted with this book. I read one of t

message 26: by Lisa.T.H (new)

Lisa.T.H one of his other books & was so disappointed with how things were revealed & everything was obvious how it was going to pan out. WITH this book though I've read nothing but positivity

message 27: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Wonderful review Nazanin! I read a book by him before and hated it lol. But I’m glad you enjoyed this one!

Nazanin Lisa.T.H wrote: "one of his other books & was so disappointed with how things were revealed & everything was obvious how it was going to pan out. WITH this book though I've read nothing but positivity"

Well, my first read by this author wasn't really good too but I really enjoyed this one. And I should say there were some coincidence that made it a bit unrealistic but still... I'm really happy that I went into it blind! Haha!

Nazanin Kendall wrote: "Wonderful review Nazanin! I read a book by him before and hated it lol. But I’m glad you enjoyed this one!"

My first read by this author wasn't really good and I forgot his name but when I got this book I thought his name is familliar! And then when I saw my previous read I thought oh God help me! I promise I'm not going to read books without checking their authors! Haha! Fortunately it was a great read for me! Thanks a lot, Kendall! 💟

message 30: by Ninoska (new) - added it

Ninoska Goris Amazing review!

Nazanin Ninoska wrote: "Amazing review!"

Thanks a bunch, Ninoska!

message 32: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Hahaha Nazanin that’s too funny! Well it sounds like it worked out in your favor though lol. 😊

message 33: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Triad Awesome review nazanin ❤

Nazanin Kendall wrote: "Hahaha Nazanin that’s too funny! Well it sounds like it worked out in your favor though lol. 😊"

IKR?! LOL!

Sophia wrote: "Awesome review nazanin ❤"

Thanks so much, Sophia! xoxo

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Fab review, hon! Glad it was a winner ♥

Nazanin ◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆ wrote: "Fab review, hon! Glad it was a winner ♥"

Thanks very much, babe! 💖

Deanna Excellent review! I'm excited about this one!

Mindy Lou's Book Review Awesome review, Nazanin!

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Fantastic review, babe! 💋💋

Nazanin Deanna wrote: "Excellent review! I'm excited about this one!"

Hope you enjoy it as well! Thanks a lot, Deanna!

Mindy Lou's Book Reviews wrote: "Awesome review, Nazanin!"

Thanks a bunch, Mindy!

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ wrote: "Fantastic review, babe! 💋💋"

Thanks so much, lovely! xoxo

Andreia The Butterfly Lover I loved loved loved this book!! Amazing review girl!

Nazanin Andreia ♥The Butterfly Lover♥ wrote: "I loved loved loved this book!! Amazing review girl!"

Me too! It was so so good! Glad you lived it too! Thanks very much, Andreia!