Amy Nicole's Reviews > Buffering: Unshared Tales of a Life Fully Loaded

Buffering by Hannah Hart

bookshelves: female-authors, audiobooks, 2017, e-books, favorites, ownvoices, reviewed

I was not prepared for how emotionally vulnerable and deep Hannah went in this book. She went deep into discussions of her grapplings with sexuality, dealings with the mental health of her mother and subsequently her own PTSD and mental health, and challenges with self harm. There were some light hearted memories shared, but this was overall a much more serious memoir.

And I LOVED it. I love this side of Hannah. She definitely shows it in her more chatty videos. If her first book was a perfect physical version of her My Drunk Kitchen episodes, then this book was the perfect physical version of all her self help and advice videos where she cries and I sob along with her. I spent the last third of this book crying, and I am so appreciative that she allowed herself to be this open and vulnerable. This book is amazing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buffering.

Quotes Amy Liked

Hannah Hart
“Our society is stuck between problem and solution when it comes to treating mental illness. We cannot find a solution until we agree on the problem. And it is my humble opinion that the problem is fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of the misunderstood. Instead, let us seek to pursue knowledge over fear. Let's find a way to save lives that can be saved.”
Hannah Hart, Buffering: Unshared Tales of a Life Fully Loaded

Hannah Hart
“Dealing with depression isn't about trying to run away from the feeling; it's about learning to walk alongside it.”
Hannah Hart, Buffering: Unshared Tales of a Life Fully Loaded

December 11, 2017 – Shelved
December 17, 2017 – Started Reading
December 17, 2017 –
27.0% "I am so amazed at her openness and vulnerability in this."
December 20, 2017 –
47.0% "I didn't go into this expecting to cry, but okay. I genuinely don't understand how Hannah is as well adjusted as she is."
December 20, 2017 –
77.0% "I really really wasn't expecting to cry this much."
December 20, 2017 – Finished Reading