Stephanie's Reviews > You Had Me at Woof: How Dogs Taught Me the Secrets of Happiness

You Had Me at Woof by Julie Klam

Oct 09, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, critters, such-is-life

You Had Me at Woof was such an amazing book. You learn so much more than just about the author and her life with Bostons, the book provides amazing insight into being a dog owner. Her relationship with Otto reminded me so much of my relationship with my Charlie the Wonder Chihuahua, and that dogs are verymuchso like people, complete with a vast varitey of personalities. It was just what I needed to read after losing Buddy. The parts where she discusses the loss of a dog were so well written and REAL that it made the loss of Buddy a little bit easier on my heart.. ♥
This book will make you laugh, make you cry, and definitely make you appreciate the furry four legged family members in a whole new light!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Had Me at Woof.

Quotes Stephanie Liked

Julie Klam
“A very wise dog woman once told me that dogs find owners, not the other way around. They pick you and they choose to stay with you. In that way, they are also giving you the end of their life. The deeper the bond, the harder it is to say good-bye. I know I’d rather have any amount of time with a dog I love and suffer the mourning than not have the time at all.”
Julie Klam, You Had Me at Woof: How Dogs Taught Me the Secrets of Happiness