Megan ~The Never Ending Book Basket's Reviews > Paper Princess

Paper Princess by Erin Watt

This. Book. Was. ADDICTING.

And when I tell you it was addicting, I mean I could not put it down to save my life....and I LOVED that! This is one of the most all consuming, unputdownable books I have ever read. What Erin Watt created in this book was EVERYTHING. It was intense, it was gripping, it was full of angst and longing and push and pull, and it had so many glorious twists and turns that kept me in it all. Their writing brought it all to life in a way that I will never forget. This book owned me when I was reading it. It owned my mind, it owned my soul, and it owned every part of my heart as I experienced its literal amazingness.

From the very first page until the very last this book took a hold of me and it didn't let me go...and as I sit here writing this review all I can think about is getting back to the next book in the series and finding out what is going to happen next. Let me tell you now, be prepared to devour this book and be prepared to NEED to jump right into the second book because that's how much you will love what you're reading, and that's how much you will need to know what happens. That's how much Erin Watt puts you in this book, this world, and everything that is happening with these characters.

This book is like Cruel Intentions on crack. It's angsty and raw and enrapturing. It pushes the boundaries in the best way. It makes you question everything. It makes you wonder what in the world is going to happen next. And it has you rooting for the anti hero and feeling it all along the way. When I say that Erin Watt puts you in this book with these characters, I mean that with everything that I have. They let you live these words, they let you experience every ounce of them, and they put you in the tangled and exceptional web that this world and its characters so phenomenally create.

I haven't been this pulled in by a book in a long time, and I honestly just can't wait to see what in the world happens next. I NEED to know. I NEED all the answers, and I NEED to see how this is going to work out for all of these characters because that is how in this I am.

What Erin Watt so exceptionally creates in this book sets this series in a league of its own. This book is going straight to the top of my top reads of 2017 list, and I honestly feel so dumb for waiting so long to read it. Though I will say waiting to read this book did pay off in the fact that when I got to that amazing cliffhanger, I knew that the next book was ready for me to devour! Trust me when I say that once you read this book you will be right in the thick of it dying for more and you will love that!

I don't want to reveal anything about this story because it's just so good and so enrapturing and so mind blowing. It will shock you, it will wow you, it will make you blush, it'll tug at your heart, it'll have you screaming and shaking your head and it will have you questioning everything. Questioning characters, questioning motives, and questioning what in the world will happen next. All of that added layer upon outstanding layer to what I was reading in this book, and I can't say enough how much I loved that.

Let me just say that this story is unlike any other that you have read. It will give you so much, and in the end you will just be craving more...

And let's just say that tagline for this series is the most accurate thing ever. These Royals will ruin you and you will love every incredible word of this book that ruins you. You. Will. LOVE. It.

If there is one book you should read this year make it this one. Jump into the craziness with those Royals, let them ruin you, see how they are with Ella and where it all goes, and buckle up for one crazy and bumpy ride. You will enjoy and remember and love every second of it, and that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how amazing this book is!

Be prepared to be addicted and ruined and wowed all at once because Paper Princess by Erin Watt is EVERYTHING!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Princess.

Quotes Megan Liked

Erin Watt
“You should know whatever game you're playing, you can't win. Not against all of us. If you leave now, you won't be hurt. If you stay, we'll break you so bad that you'll be crawling away."

- Reed Royal”

“You’re poking a tiger.”

I shrug. “He poked me first.”

Callum shakes his head. “And I thought raising five boys was an adventure. I haven’t seen anything yet, have I?”

- Callum Royal”

Erin Watt
“I was having the best dream,” I mumble as he curls his body around my back.

“What was it?” he says roughly.

“That you showed up in my bedroom and held me all night long.”

“I like that dream,” he whispers in my ear and then he does just that—holds me until I fall asleep.

Erin Watt
“Hey, I was sleeping innocently until a big bear came in and decided that my bed was just right.”

He tugs on my hair. “I think you got the wrong fairytale here.”

“What would be the right one? Aladdin because you plan to take me on a magical carpet ride?” I waggle my eyebrows.

Reed bursts out laughing. “Is that what you think of my dick? That it’s magical?”

I blush so furiously that he laughs even harder. “Damn, you really are a virgin, aren’t you?”

Cheeks still flaming, I flip up my middle finger. “That’s what I think of you and your magical, uh…”

“Dick,” he supplies between laughs. “Come on, virgin, just say it—dick.”

“Oh, you’re a dick, all right.” I glare at him all the way to the car.

“Come with me.”

“Let me think on that.” I tap a finger against my bottom lip as if I’m really contemplating his crappily delivered invitation. His eyes drop to watch the movement.

“Okay. I’ve decided. No.”

Erin Watt
“I’m only seventeen. Sometimes that feels too young to have lived the life I have. Sometimes I look around at my surroundings and think, I don’t belong here
erin watt, Paper Princess

Erin Watt
“This will never by my home. I don’t belong in splendour. I belong in squalor. That’s what I know. It’s what I’m comfortable with, because squalor doesn’t lie to you. It’s not wrapped in a pretty package. It is what it is.
This house is an illusion. It’s polished and pretty, but the dream Callum is trying to sell is as flimsy as paper. Nothing stays shiny forever in this world.”

Erin Watt
“I’m tired of playing the good, calm girl. I rise up on my knees, reach over and hit him across the top of his head.
“Fuck,” he curses. “What the hell was that for?”
“That’s for being an asshole!” I hit him again…
Reed pushes me back, hard, against the passenger door. “Sit the fuck down! You’re gonna make us crash.”
“I’m not going to sit down!” I swing at him again. “I’m tired of you and your insults and your awful friends!”

Erin Watt
“Somewhere along the line, I started thinking that if I just got through this bad experience, this bad day, that tomorrow I’d have something better, brighter, newer.
I still believe that. I still believe that there’s something good out there for me. I just have to keep going until my time comes.”

Erin Watt
“Do you really think it’s Abby who’s keeping me up at night?”
“I don’t know.” I hesitate. “I don’t want it to be.”

Erin Watt
“Nuh-uh, you’re not getting off that easy. I want you to say it. Tell your big brother about your crush on your other big brother.”
“You’re imagining things. I’m not crushing on Reed,” I lie.
“Bull.”
“I’m not,” I insist, but Easton sees right through me.
“Shit, Ella, I need a smoke every time you two are within five feet of each other.”

Erin Watt
“Look, I like you. Didn’t think I would but I do, and because I like you, I feel the need to warn you that we Royals are pretty fucked up. We’re good in bed, but out of it? We’re like a stage four hurricane.”

Erin Watt
“It’s you. It’s always been you and I’m tired of fighting it.”

Erin Watt
“I tug his head down to mine. “I need you, Reed. Don’t make me beg.”
And just like that, he gives in. One hand comes up to tangle in my hair while the other pulls me roughly against him. “You don’t ever have to ask again. I’ll give you anything you want.”

Erin Watt
“You want me to say it?” he whispers. “Fine, I’ll say it. I want you. I fucking want you.”

“Ella.”
I jump when his warm hand covers mine, and then his head moves to rest on my
shoulder. His soft hair tickles my bare skin, and I force myself not to run a
comforting hand through it. He doesn’t deserve comfort right now.
“You can’t leave,” he whispers, his breath fanning over my neck. “I don’t want
you to go.”
He kisses my shoulder, but there’s nothing sexual about it. Nothing romantic in
the way his hand tightens over my knuckles.
“You belong with us. You’re the best thing that ever happened to this family.”
Surprise filters through me. Okay. Wow.
“You’re ours,” Easton mumbles. “I’m sorry about tonight. I really am, Ella.
Please…don’t be mad at me.”
My anger melts away. He sounds like a lost little boy, and I can’t stop myself
from stroking his hair now. “I’m not mad. But dammit, Easton, the gambling needs
to stop. I might not be there to bail you out next time.”
“I know.” He groans. “You shouldn’t have had to bail me out tonight. I promise
I’ll pay you back, every last cent. I…” He lifts his head and presses a kiss to my
cheek. “Thank you for doing that. I mean it.”
Sighing, I turn my eyes back to the road. “You’re welcome.”

Erin Watt
“My skill, if I have one, isn’t dancing. It’s my ability to believe that tomorrow can be a better day.”

Erin Watt
“You may have lost your family, but you’re not alone anymore, Ella. You’re a Royal now.”

Erin Watt
“You want this?” He pumps himself slowly. “You can have it. Lick it, suck it, fuck it, anything you want, baby. As long it’s just with me.”

Erin Watt
“I'm not mad at you." He presses the cold cloth against my forehead. "I'm mad at myself. I did this. Well, Easton and I. I brought this on you. I'm Reed the Destroyer." He sounds sad. "Didn't you know that?"

"I don't like that name." He sits next to me, drawing the cloth around and around my face, down my neck and onto my shoulder. It feels heavenly.

"Yeah, and what would you call me instead?" I open my mouth and say, "Mine.”

Erin Watt
“Reed Royal has broken me. I’ve fallen from the sky and I’m not sure I can get up. Not this time.”

Erin Watt
“You belong with us. You’re the best thing that ever happened to this family.”
Surprise filters through me. Okay. Wow.
“You’re ours,” Easton mumbles. “I’m sorry about tonight. I really am, Ella.”

Erin Watt
“Well, golly gee, I’m so sorry that you had to answer an awkward question at lunch. That must have been so inconvenient. Much more inconvenient than getting hit in the face with a tampon flying out of your locker.” When he grins, I totally lose it. All the frustration and hurt comes rolling out of me. I’m tired of playing the good, calm girl. I rise up on my knees, reach over and hit him across the top of his head. “Fuck,” he curses. “What the hell was that for?” “That’s for being an asshole!” I hit him again,”

Erin Watt
“My skill, if I have one, isn’t dancing. It’s my ability to believe that tomorrow can be a better day. I don’t really know where I got this optimism. Maybe it was from Mom. Somewhere along the line, I started thinking that if I just got through this bad experience, this bad day, that tomorrow I’d have something better, brighter, newer.
I still believe that. I still believe that there’s something good out there for me. I just have to keep going until my time comes, because surely, surely, none of this would happen if there wasn’t a reward down the line.”

Erin Watt
“I keep waiting for that movie moment when Reed runs out of the house, screaming for me to come back.

But it never happens.

There’s no rain-filled reunion and the only moisture are the tears I can’t hold back any longer.”

December 10, 2017 – Started Reading