Kribu's Reviews > Glass Houses

Oct 09, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: vampires, young-adult, read-in-2011
Read from October 09 to 11, 2011

I'm not entirely sold yet, but it had some interesting concepts and the characters - while I'm not actually loving any of them - were decent enough... probably enough for me to give the next Morganville Vampires book a go, too.

I do want to know what happens next, which is always a good thing, and there wasn't anything in it to put me off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glass Houses.

Lisa (Harmonybites) For what it's worth, I did like Rachel Caine's Weather Warden series. I looked into it because rather than the usual vampires or weres it featured Djinn. Otoh, I gradually lost interest--partly because I didn't connect with the protagonist, who was the usual bitchy snarky smart ass you see too often in Urban Fantasy. So she can write and is imaginative, but I'm not sure she's the kind of writer who can keep you to the end. I'll be interested to see what you make of the rest of the series.

Kribu I've been eyeing the Weather Warden series as well - might well give it a go at some point, even though I'm not hugely enthusiastic about it (but I'm in a place right now where very little apart from YA dystopia and urban fantasy interests me at all, which is limiting my options - I expect I'll grow out of this phase soon enough, out of necessity and running out of things to read if for no other reason).

I don't know if I'll manage to stick with the whole Morganville Vampires series - it's supposed to be 12 books, I think, which is a lot, and the characters and setting didn't entirely capture me (just enough that I think I'll want to read at least the next one for now - but it's not a "OMG, must read on NOW!!" thing). We'll see how the plot develops; first books in longer series don't always give a good idea about that.