Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)'s Reviews > Wolfhunter River

Wolfhunter River by Rachel Caine

I absolutely love this series! Books one and two came and slapped me in the face and I loved every minute of it and book 3 did the same, just not as hard. ;)

This book starts off, like the other two, with a bang. Instant hookage. Then we get back to Gwen, Sam and her kids. I mean, they've already been through enough but it just NEVER ends. I suppose if you're the wife of a serial killer and then you end up killing him... well, things aren't going to be easy. The author does an amazing job bringing us right back in and the growth you see of each and every character was a pleasure to read.

The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because after the opening, I had no idea where that story line went. It all but seemed to have disappeared. Instead, we go on a different tangent and Gwen is off helping someone else.. and it took a bit to get to this point. Now, usually you'll get some glimpses of what's going on with said prologue character throughout the read and maybe all books don't need this but I wish there had been just a smidgen of these glimpses here. *shrug* Of course, it does come full circle at the end. At this point though I was like oh, finally. Here we are.

For me, this book wasn't even about this plot line. It had more to do with the relationships between Gwen and her children, Gwen and Sam and how each of these characters grew and that alone makes this book amazing.

Maybe this could be read as a standalone but I would suggest starting from the beginning so you can fully appreciate these characters. And quite frankly, all of these books are absolutely worth the read. I'm really looking forward to seeing where Caine takes us in the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolfhunter River.

December 10, 2017 – Shelved