Brenna's Reviews > Hana

Hana by Lauren Oliver

Oct 09, 2011

bookshelves: harpercollins
Read on February 14, 2012

I think by now it's fairly well established that Delirium is one of my favourite books EVER. I love it. Adore it. And reading Hana was a little bit different for me since I'd already read Pandemonium and was curious to see how Hana would line up with it. By the way, Hana really does fit in neatly just before Pandemonium. There isn't any overlap.

Hana is a lovely little teaser of another perspective in Lena's story, and adds more depth to it overall. Ideal for fans, but I would hold off on reading it if you haven't read Delirium yet.

Reasons to Read:

1.Hana's perspective:

This is definitely the top reason to read Hana, as we get a very intimate look into her life and what was happened with her while Delirium focused on Lena. The story ends up being really fleshed out, and we have a far better idea of the relationships and characters involved. Plus Hana was just such a fun (and different person from Lena) that she deserves a story all on her own.

2.Novella that packs a punch:

Even though the short story is only about 70 pages long, it isn't lacking in any way. Lauren's writing is as gorgeous as ever, the voice of Hana is heard loud and clear, and as always the ending is a killer one. We should honestly stop being surprised by this with this series.
Whilethis is such a worthwhile read, it is so short that I'm really not sure you can get more than 2 reasons out of me for this one ;) but it's a grand novella, very well done and put together. Perfect for fans, and I'm happy to see that it was released for free on MTV just before Pandemonium comes out.

Read online for free at MTV.com :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hana.

message 1: by Jeremy (new) - added it

Jeremy Stock Delirium is my "best YA of 2011" by far.