Sarah's Reviews > The Summer Springsteen's Songs Saved Me

The Summer Springsteen's Songs Saved Me by Barbara  Quinn

U 50x66

A brilliant read about using music to help through difficult times. Sofia returns home one day to discover her husband Jerome has been having an affair. She packs up her things and leaves for a different town. Finding the perfect new house by the seaside, she tries to recover from Jerome and her own issues of anxiety with music. Will she be able to recover and find happiness again?
A brilliant read. Well developed plot. I loved the use of music throughout the novel, and how lyrics emphasise your feelings. which was brilliantly written. I also liked the song titles becoming title chapters which was a nice touch. The depiction of anxiety for Sofia was perfectly written and extremely relatable. I also adored the visual detail of the house and sea and the seagulls which was excellently written. The only issue I would raise is that Sofia seemed a little melodramatic whilst confronting Jerome. Terri was funny and a good supporting character. Overall, a brilliant read and I would give it five stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer Springsteen's Songs Saved Me.

December 7, 2017 – Started Reading