Corina☞BookTwinsReviews's Reviews > The Good Luck Charm

The Good Luck Charm by Helena Hunting

bookshelves: sports-romance, second-chance, standalone

‪Happy Release Day!!! It’s LIVE TODAY! ‬

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

The Good Luck Charm by Helena Hunting was full of the author's signature wit, sass and well loved style of sexiness. The dialogues and more than one escapades made me chuckle, snort and laugh out loud. It was the perfect blend of light hearted fun while being also emotional and poignant.

I absolutely loved the couple's chemistry. TGLC is a second chance romance and the level of comfort shown by the couple was endearing and heartwarming. Ethan and Lilah just fit together, and knew each other so well it was palpable and genuine. There was no doubt that they belonged together. They were soulmates. And obviously they couldn't keep their hands off each other - very much in line of the authors signature PUCKED series. And throughout the book I did a lot of smiling and chuckling because of their light hearted antics.

Now, let's get into the nitty gritty.

TGLC is a sports and second chance romance, and it tackled a topic that is often mentioned but not usually called to attention in a way as it was in TGLC. As the title suggests, hockey players are notorious for being superstitious. Most pro athletes are, but hockey player might just take it to the OTT level. In this novel, it's not just the athlete who is forced to acknowledge this fact, but the heroine as well. I can only imagine how much pressure pro athletes face, and they fight tooth and claw to hold on to their winning streak, and do whatever is necessary to stay on top. Even if that means steamrolling over someone else's life.

The author described both sides in an emotional and interesting way. I honestly could see both sides, where they were coming from and how hard it was to let go. I also understood how easy it was to slide into such a habit, and the following repercussions.

Because of that I did not always agree with some of the couple's decisions. But it made sense. They stayed true to themselves, and in the end they figured it out and found a way to make it work for both of them which I can only admire.

All in all this novel was a wonderful light hearted but also thought provoking story, with excellent supporting characters that I hope will get their own HEA. A few hints promise for future books - which I'll be eager to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Luck Charm.

December 7, 2017 – Shelved
December 7, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
July 7, 2018 – Started Reading
July 7, 2018 – Shelved as: sports-romance
July 7, 2018 – Shelved as: second-chance
July 7, 2018 – Shelved as: standalone
July 7, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Terrific review Corina! :)

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews Aisling Zena wrote: "Terrific review Corina! :)"