Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Destiny's Tarot

Destiny's Tarot by Thea Harrison

bookshelves: 4-stars, fav-fae-books, fav-magic-books, favorites

I read Devil’s Gate & Hunter’s Season when they where first published and loved both. I’ve been on an audiobook kick and decided to try out Ms. Harrison’s Elder Races series in Audio.

Destiny’s Tarot has the Elder Races Novellas Devil’s Gate #4.6 & Hunter’s Season #4.7 on it. Here we get to see some previously introduced characters that we meet in the Elder Races series. Even if you haven't read an Elder Races book you can still pick up these novellas, but I would recommend at least reading Books 1 & 2, so you can have a better sense of what is going on in the world. These novellas featured in Destiny's Tarot are fun, entertaining, and each have an HEA.

Below is my review for Devil’s Gate & Hunter’s Season:

Devil’s Gate

Devil’s Gate features Seremela a Medusa and Duncan a Vampyre. These characters are secondary characters introduced somewhere along the line in the Elder Race series.

As for the story, their is no shortage of action, adventure, and danger. The romance is sweet between these two and their is some major sexual tension that will combust by the end. I also have to point out that when we think of Medusa we don't think nice creatures, so I have to say I like how the author portrayed her Medusa’s. They weren’t creepy, but came of different and noteworthy.

Audio Review Dec. 2017: Sophie Eastlake did a wonderful job with the voices and bringing out the danger and attraction; between Seremela and Duncan. I will say Duncan’s voice was ok, not unpleasant, just a little to raspy for my liking and what I pictured him sounding like, but this didn’t deter me from enjoying this novella again.

Rated: 4 Stars

*****

Hunter’s Season

Hunter’s Season features Xanthe a Dark Fae Assassin and Aubrey a Dark Fae Chancellor. These characters are secondary characters introduced in the Elder Race series. We meet Xanthe in Devil's Gate and Aubrey in Storm's Heart. These two come together to create a lovely and passionate romance.

This novella was sensational with a heavenly HEA. Ms. Harrison delivers a beautiful blossoming romance; between two very different characters. Their romance builds slowly, is sweet, and adorable. I love how the author put so much attention on their romance.

I adored Hunter’s Season. The conclusion was satisfying, the romance is charming, and we get a little danger and intrigue too. Harrison shows us just how much love can truly heal.

Audio Review Dec. 2017: I enjoyed the audio narration for Hunter's Season. Sophie Eastlake did a superb job with the voices and bring out the blossoming romance between Xanthe and Aubrey.

Rated: 4 Stars

The Elder Race series brings us a verity of unique supernaturals, worlds, and so much more. It’s an entering series to read or listen too. I highly recommend diving in.

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destiny's Tarot.

December 7, 2017 – Started Reading
December 7, 2017 – Shelved
December 8, 2017 – Shelved as: 4-stars
December 8, 2017 – Shelved as: fav-fae-books
December 8, 2017 – Shelved as: fav-magic-books
December 8, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
December 8, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Awesome review angela!!!

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Awesome review angela!!!"

Thank you ^_^!