Isabella ~Mikku-chan~'s Reviews > A Christmas Promise

A Christmas Promise by K.C. Wells

bookshelves: 5-stars-favourites, favorites, arc-advanced-reader-copy

K.C. Wells' stories are for me always a solid source of joy, entertainment combined with sweet, but also sometimes devastating plots.

This is one of her "tame" ones, one of her calm ones, one of the stories where hot sex isn't the main focus and where family and being together means most and is the important part.

The whole book is full of charming, generous characters, it's sweet and full of warmth.
Micah and his father Joshua are the personified good Samaritians and it melts everybody's heart how caring Micah and Joshua are.

Soon Micah is more than just interested in taking care of Greg, he is attracted to the man and soon deeper feelings blossom.

I really loved the tender touch of the story, how Greg literally became a part of the Trant family and what's the reason for the soon bonding is.
The book is full of unexpected revelations, it tugs on your heart and you are suffering with Greg but also with the Trants.

As I say if you expect hot sex, steamy scenes and banging, you're at the wrong place and will be maybe disappointed. The book's strong point is the beginning bond between Greg and Micah and the extension of growing this bond with the other family member, including Joshua and Micah's sister Naomi. It's the journey they go through and the way how Greg opens up, but also how Joshua is revealing secrets to his children, as well as Micah's developing feelings for Greg.

Actually I won't say to much about the exact content because the way how the rescue of Greg is connected to the further revealings are connected is the most intriguing part of the book.

I can really say I enjoyed it and the cozy, mellow feeling I had while reading was only disrupted by the violence Greg had to endure and when he is healing from the attack, and lost in his suffering.

K.C. Wells knows to write a Christmas themed story without being cheesy, it has a warming touch but is also underlined by grief, suffer and the loss of beloved people. You see so many layers of the characters and within the whole book you start to fall for them and want to see their happiness - and that includes everyone.
The author already confirmed that we see a lot more of the Trants, the next time Joshua, Micah's father, is more focused on. I'm really looking forward and can't wait for the next Christmas story with them 2018. :)

A solid story with believable characters, mature and developed, but of course spiked with funny scenes and romantic, sexy scenes, without being too heavy or kinky. It's one of the most tender books by K.C. Wells and I would recommend it everbody who wants to start with her books, isn't into BDSM/kink and loves stories in the Christmas time and full of emotions. Be aware and pick up tissues. :) 5 out of 5 stars.

Review originally posted on my blog with added content Mikku-chan / A world full of words

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Christmas Promise.

December 7, 2017 – Started Reading