Coralie's Reviews > The Princess Companion

The Princess Companion by Melanie Cellier

Book 1 in Melanie Cellier's Four Kingdom's Series! Princess and the Pea is so underrated, but this retelling totally took the cake! The story nodded to the fairytale, but grew a life all it's own--an intricate and thrilling life! The plot drew me in and held suspense and tension in many points. I also really liked the way the book was formatted. Not only was it well-written, but it was well-formatted too, and in such a way as to draw the reader in even further to the plot. I particularly enjoyed the few chapters from alternate povs. (I hear there's a version from Max's pov?! Where and how can I get it?!) I fell for the characters! And I am thoroughly intrigued by Ella's story. I certainly hope that's to come soon! I liked both the MCs and the SCs, which is always a nice touch. The secondary's felt alluring and I hope to see more of them. Many of the characters held a reality to them that I enjoyed. And, of course, I'm totally hooked into this world! The setting and world-building continue to thrill me. I am increasingly intrigued by the political system Cellier has designed and by the laws of the land. I hope to see more of that elaborated upon too. On to book 2!!

Mild violence, very mild romance, no language. Definitely recommend and consider appropriate for even the younger kids.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess Companion.

December 7, 2017 – Shelved