Cakesniffer's Reviews > The New England Ghost Files

2073015
Oct 08, 2011

bookshelves: favorites
I own a copy

This book was on my parents' bookshelf ever since I could remember. I had been interested in ghosts and the supernatural at an early age, so I picked it up one day and started reading it, not understanding most of the words, but still being scared by what I did understand. I'm pretty sure I had nightmares, but I didn't care. It was my favorite book. I remember carrying it with me everywhere, even bringing it to school many times, reading some of the stories to other children in second grade at recess regularly. I read it over and over, every year until I understood more. My copy is all dogeared and torn up because of how many times I've read it, but I still continue to enjoy it over and over. It's like an old friend I've known since I was young.

The stories in this book are frightening because they are well written and unlike any ghost story you've ever been told. The illustrations in the book give you chills, as do the true accounts of the "other side" themselves. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good scare or is skeptical about ghosts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The New England Ghost Files.