Brenda's Reviews > To Hatch a Thief

To Hatch a Thief by Zara Keane

bookshelves: 2017-release, cosy-mystery, novella, 5000-books, own-read, read-on-kindle

Maggie Doyle, ex San Francisco cop was on the Irish Whisper Island on vacation to visit her Aunt Noreen. She had recently solved a murder (Dial P For Poison) - and was now down with the flu. But on learning of a very valuable necklace which had been stolen, and the apprehension of a friend of Maggie's for the theft of same, Maggie was determined - flu or not - to prove her friend's innocence.

The Movie Theatre night; the Golf Club's annual chicken event; the Valentine Dance - and of course the obnoxious Sergeant O'Shea and delectable Sergeant Reynolds - all played a part as Maggie searched for answers.

To Hatch a Thief by Zara Keane is the second I've read by this author - and #1.5 in the Movie Club Mystery series - and again, it's fast paced, fun and entertaining. Maggie is an excellent character, as are the majority of the support cast. An excellent cosy mystery, and I'll be reading the next soon. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Hatch a Thief.

December 6, 2017 – Shelved
March 3, 2018 – Finished Reading
March 4, 2018 – Shelved as: 5000-books
March 4, 2018 – Shelved as: own-read
March 4, 2018 – Shelved as: read-on-kindle

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Anita (new) - added it

Anita I really like Zara Keane, I've been reading her for a few years and I like her touch of humor.

Brenda She's nice to go to for some light entertainment Anita :) I hadn't read her until Dial P, and am glad I've found her :)

message 3: by Anita (new) - added it

Anita She is really unique. I love her realistic take on Irish life. Unlike any other author.

Brenda Yes I agree :)