Kristy's Reviews > At Last Comes Love

Oct 07, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, historical-love, hott-spots, widget-shelf
Read from October 05 to 07, 2011

This one was a little slow. But I liked the ending. It seemed as though their love developed slower, so it was more believable. I loved that Duncan was actually a good, honorable guy even though everyone thought he was the worst of the worst.

I also liked that Elliot laughed and joked in this book. I like that Balogh is continuing the other stories in a way. I like that she is showing how he is still changing.

Something I really didn't like, was when Margaret got mad at Duncan at the end, and she went off on him not letting him explain. She said some really hurtful things that in reality would be hard to forgive so quickly. She told him she hated him. I just don't think she would have reacted that way. She jumped to conclusions and assumed the worst Duncan immediately. That made me mad because when he kept trying to tell her it wasn't what she thought, she would cut him off and start ranting about what she thought had happened.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At Last Comes Love.

Alisha I completely agree with you Kristy about when Margaret and Duncan fight at the end, I was gearing myself up for how she was going to have to show him that she trusted and ultimately loved him but then he completely turned around in their conversation and took all the blame, despite being mad at her for a week!