Abhi Yerra's Reviews > The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less

The 80/20 Principle by Richard Koch

One of those books that I should have read in my early 20s. However, I seem to have naturally taken on to its message by focusing on the 20% I have been good at which provides 80% of the value. The book itself seems to be structured in an 80/20 Rule way. I definitely got a lot of value from the business aspect of the 80/20 rule, and have organized my tasks to optimize for those, but some of the things in relation to personal aspect of 80/20 Rule can be left to interpretation depending on the type of person you are. If you like social interaction having a lot of connection may give you joy, versus if you are shy then having fewer connections is what you may be seeking.

However, everyone should read this book just to optimize life into the 80/20 bucket of things we are good at and should focus on and things we should have other people do because it is a waste of your energy and it will take longer for you to figure out then hiring someone else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 80/20 Principle.

March 31, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
March 31, 2015 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
December 3, 2017 – Started Reading