Lily Cooper's Reviews > The Sweetheart Sham

The Sweetheart Sham by Danielle Ellison

In a small town like Culler, South Carolina, you guard your secrets like you guard your cobbler recipe: with your life. Georgia Ann Monroe knows a thing or two about secrets: she’s been guarding the truth that her best friend Will is gay for years now. But what happens when a little white lie to protect him gets her into a fake relationship…and then the boy of her dreams shows up?

Enter Beau Montgomery: Georgie’s first love, hotter than ever, and much too much of a southern gentleman to ever pursue someone else’s girl. There’s no way to come clean to Beau while still protecting Will. But bless their hearts, they live in Culler—where secrets always have a way of revealing themselves.

With it being winter, there's nothing I would rather do than curl up with a nice book and a cup of tea, and the knitted blanket my great-grandmother made me. That being said,  I sat down with the Sweetheart Sham and read it all the way through in one day.

As a huge fan of Sarah Dessen, this book met all my romance needs: cute dialogue, hot boys, funny banter, and many laughs. I honestly couldn't put it down, it was very engaging. Georgia Ann is a very kind-hearted character who will do anything for her friends. She takes her relationships with everyone very seriously and goes all in. Her loyalty is very refreshing to see in a character and made me wish I could be friends with her.

The YA novel has all the romance, and even more swoon-worthy boy crushes to wish were real. I really enjoyed the story and loved every word of it. It's definitely a story that will leave you thinking about it forever.

I also had the honor to interview the author, Danielle Ellison and ask her about her new novel! Check it out here: https://lilyxjean.com/2017/12/03/the-...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweetheart Sham.

Finished Reading