Sable's Reviews > The Drawing of the Three

The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King

Read 2 times. Last read December 3, 2017.

Read (again) for the Apocalypse Now! Reading Challenge, the Author! Author! Reading Challenge, the Need to Reread Challenge, and the Read the Sequel Challenge.

This is the second book in the awesome Dark Tower series. If you tried The Gunslinger and didn't like it, this might be a way to make it live and breathe for you. Now into the richly-rendered fantasy world of The Gunslinger, King injects some of that gritty realism we've come to know and love, and we meet two of the other central characters to this drama.

It's difficult to rate these books individually because they're an extended story, and really, what we're looking at here is chapters. But I love them just the same. And here we learn that King has come up with an overreaching mythology for his world that ties all of his work powerfully together.

One of the messages that come through is that not everything in our world can be explained, probably because there are cracks where some of the light of other worlds gets in.

On top of this, I find this book to be a riveting, edge-of-your-seat action story that holds on and won't let go. Again, highly recommended.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Drawing of the Three.

March 5, 1993 – Started Reading