Sooz (P.Turners Book Blog)'s Reviews > The Missing Girl

The Missing Girl by Jenny  Quintana

19971303

Read 2 times. Last read December 3, 2017 to December 5, 2017.

Having come straight from the highs of THE CHILD by Fiona Barton, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to jump straight back into a mystery surrounding a ‘missing’ person – but within the first few chapters, this feeling disappeared and I started to get into Anna & Gabriella’s story.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed THE MISSING GIRL. The mix of past and present story telling gives the reader the full picture and understanding as to why Anna has the relationship with her family as she does. We are taken to the 1908’s when Anna is a child and view her interactions with her sister and parents. Most readers will be able to relate with the family dynamic and will empathise with Anna.

This is one of those books where there are many twists and turns, and as you think you have figured out what happened….we are thrown off course and sent in another direction. One of things I love about reading is thinking I have the story all figured out – it’s then like Jenny laughed at me and told me not to be so silly! As if it was going to be that easy!

Based on THIE MISSING GIRL, I for one am looking forward to reading more of Jenny’s work in the future!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Missing Girl.

Finished Reading