Deane Barker's Reviews > Product Demos That Sell: How to Deliver Winning SaaS Demos

Product Demos That Sell by Steli Efti

So, this book is no-doubt effective for certain type of demo and a certain type of sales process -- something like "churn and burn." The methodology and mindset being pushed here is not consultative. Rather, it's blitzkrieg-style -- pushy used car salesman.

This might be appropriate for what you're doing. There's a lot of software that sells this way -- particular pure SaaS platforms that don't require customization or professional services. But for larger, more complex platforms, the sales cycles often get very complex and you end up consulting as much as you sell.

To be fair, they specifically call out SaaS (over PaaS or IaaS; see https://gadgetopia.com/post/9981), so I gave it 4-stars for being true to its titular claim. But for what I do (heavily-integrated PaaS), it just didn't fit.

(Also, it's unnecessarily and weirdly profane. I don't mind salty language in service of a larger goal, but it was pointless and distracting in this case.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Product Demos That Sell.

Started Reading