Brenda's Reviews > A Maigret Christmas: And Other Stories

A Maigret Christmas by Georges Simenon

Inspector Maigret woke to the sounds of his wife leaving their bed, trying not to wake him. She would pop out for croissants for his breakfast as was the norm. It was Christmas morning and although she had told him to sleep in, he didn’t feel the need.

The unexpected arrival of two women from nearby apartments set the scene for a different and rather busy Christmas day for Inspector Maigret. The mysterious visitor one of the women had received in the middle of the night, in the small child, Colette’s room, and dressed as Santa was a mystery which made Inspector Maigret uneasy – he knew there was something more to the story than there seemed. Would he locate the mysterious Santa? Or was it a storm in a teacup?

A Maigret Christmas by Georges Simenon is a fast paced, entertaining novella which I raced through and thoroughly enjoyed. I was expecting three short stories – as the blurb says – but there was only the one, which I was disappointed about. I haven’t read this author before and will look into more of his work. Highly recommended.

With thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my digital copy to read and review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Maigret Christmas.

December 2, 2017 – Shelved
January 29, 2018 – Shelved as: mystery
January 29, 2018 – Shelved as: translated-fiction
January 30, 2018 – Started Reading
January 30, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Fantastic review, Brenda! :)

Brenda Thanks Jenny :)