Alana • thebookishchick's Reviews > Bad Girls with Perfect Faces

Bad Girls with Perfect Faces by Lynn Weingarten

12402009

bookshelves: thriller, mystery

This is one of those books that makes you hate being an adult with responsibilities because you just want to eat it up in one sitting. I wish I could have read this while I was working, or showering, or driving (probably not the safest), but hopefully you'll get what I'm saying. It was simply addictive.

Bad Girls with Perfect Faces, was a nice little reminder of why I enjoy reading thrillers, and also a reminder of why I need to read more of them. Seriously, why don't I read more of them? Anyway, the story revolves around Xavier and Sasha who are best friends (who maybe feel a little something extra towards one another if you get what I'm saying). Basically the story goes like this. Xavier, is dating queen bee Ivy, who is basically a manipulative, jealous of everything, needs to be better than everyone type of bitch. Xavier and Ivy are an on again off again type of couple. Ivy is a known cheater. Sasha does not like this. Sasha creates "Jake" a fake instagram profile and flirts her way into Ivy's life to prove to Xavier that Ivy is still not a good person. And it all goes SO HORRIBLY WRONG.

That's all I can say plot wise without spoiling anything. Trust me, you don't want anything spoiled for you. There's SO much "he said, she said" and other drama involved that makes this book an instant page turner and incredibly hard to put down. Overall, I was super happy with this book because it was so highly entertaining and constantly kept me guessing on what was going to happen next. The only mini issue I had with the book was the ending. I tend to like books with a solid definitive conclusion and this was very open ended. But honestly, I can't really picture any other way this story could have ended so I think it's really just my personal preference of things that got in the way. All in all though, I would totally recommend this to anyone who loves YA thrillers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Girls with Perfect Faces.

December 2, 2017 – Shelved
December 2, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
January 5, 2018 – Started Reading
January 5, 2018 –
page 37
January 7, 2018 –
page 188
58.75% "This is SUCH a page turner. I can’t stop."
January 8, 2018 – Finished Reading