Maria's Reviews > Chaos and Control

Chaos and Control by Season Vining

C 111x148

bookshelves: netgalley, various, small-town, sexy-hero

"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
This story gives a powerful and realistic picture of what it’s like to live with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and what’s great about it is that the author doesn’t forget along the narrative that our hero, a “pretty” and generous man called Preston, has this condition and struggles with it every moment.
Preston is indeed a great hero (not a great poet though) – caring, loving, noble – and we see his issues and constant anxiety interwoven in his daily life and interaction with the heroine and the other characters. Kudos Ms. Vining for not healing this “complex and beautiful man”miraculously or just forgetting his issues, as so many other authors do with our beloved wounded heroes!
I found Wren a good heroine too, good and healing for the hero. I liked how she learned to deal with Preston’s issues, how she respects him. She’s a bit self-centered and her relationship with her older sister is a bit unbalanced, but I think that (being selfish) makes her a believable character.
I also loved that this was a slow burn romance and how sweet and sexy they were with each other.
I'm grateful to the publisher, Entangled Publishing/Embrace, and NetGalley for providing a free copy
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chaos and Control.

December 1, 2017 – Shelved
December 1, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
December 9, 2017 – Started Reading
December 9, 2017 –
December 11, 2017 –
December 12, 2017 –
December 12, 2017 –
90.0% "“ (…) You create this chaos inside me, and at the same time quiet it.” Preston places four kisses on the side of my neck, his lips trailing up to the shell of my ear. His breath heats my skin. “I don’t know if I’m crazier with you, or without you. But I know I’m crazy about you.” (Season Vining, “Chaos and Control”, loc. 2285, quote from ARC)"
December 14, 2017 – Shelved as: netgalley