Lisa's Reviews > The Sunset Strip Diaries

The Sunset Strip Diaries by Amy Asbury

Read 2 times. Last read December 5, 2017 to December 7, 2017.

I really enjoyed this book. Amy grew up in my era and I recognised some of the bands and the places (I'm from the UK but have been to Hollywood a few times). I found it interesting how Amy reinvented herself and used her nights out as a way to escape all of the awful things that happened to her during her childhood. The new revised Kindle edition comes with pictures, ticket stubs, flyers and posters and that really adds to the book. Amy is also active on social media where you can see several pictures of her. Maybe there aren't many photos of her out there - it's not like iphones were around in those days, or like she was ever coherent enough to take photos and get them printed! Not surprised there aren't many photos!
I enjoyed all of this book, the first half, the second half. Amy is honest, open and tells it like it is. She admits when she was horrible to her friends, boyfriend etc. I found the relationship with her parents to be so sad - the people who were supposed to love, nuture and protect her pretty much failed completely and set her on this path of self destruction and feeling worthless.
I'm now reading the second book.....I think things are going to get worse for Amy before they get better but honestly - read this for what it is and you will enjoy the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sunset Strip Diaries.

Finished Reading