Wynne Katherine's Reviews > Tears of Tess

Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters

it was ok
Recommended to Wynne by: Hulya Kara Yuksel
Read 2 times. Last read January 3, 2018.

description

This review contain spoilers. You have been warned.

I DNF-ed at 82%. So close to finish line, I know. But I just couldn't do it anymore.

I wanted to like this series. The fact that I am willing to give it another chance and read it again after all these years should prove just how much I really wanted to like this book. But I just couldn't.

First of all, the premise of the story was good. I was curious to know what is going to happen next with Tess and her being kidnapped and whatnot. And I have said this over and over again, I like being inside the head of a strong character. A character that has will and want to fight for her/himself.

However with Tess, her inconsistencies gave me whiplashes. It's like this girl doesn't know what she wants. Or rather, the author couldn't decide for herself what she wants Tess to be. One second she was this strong and hard-headed woman who is willing to do anything and everything for her freedom, with her hatred for Q fueling her, but the next, she was all but whimpering and moaning for Q, wanting him to fuck her. I mean, I get that she gets turned on by what he is doing to her even though she doesn't want to admit it, but I would really appreciate it if she could find some kind of middle ground rather than constantly going back and forth with wanting and hating him.

While I enjoy some tug-of-will in the books that I read, having 75% of it filled with Tess battling her conscience is just downright bleh. And what is more mind-boggling is that after all the build up the author has made about Tess and her hatred for Q, all it took was one time where she was raped and Q came to safe her for her to become the pliant and obedient slave that he wanted her to be.

I get that after all that she went through, she might not be at her best mental state, but still. It just happened way too abruptly that it just doesn't make any sense. And not to mention that after that, their relationship just take a 180.

description

The only reason that I kept on going was for Q, but towards the end of the book, I found that even his enigmatic self wasn't able to hold my interest with Tess continuing to go back and forth within herself.

I guess it is safe to say that I won't be continuing this series.

For more of my reviews, click : here

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tears of Tess.

January 2, 2015 – Started Reading
January 3, 2015 – Finished Reading
December 1, 2017 – Shelved
December 1, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
January 2, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
January 2, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "Fuck it.

After months of dancing around and pondering whether or not to restart this series, I have finally decided that it's time to settle this series once and for all.

I'm going in ladies and gentlemen. Let's all hope that this series is so good that I came out of this a changed woman ;)"
January 3, 2018 – Started Reading
January 3, 2018 –
page 103
27.39% "I stepped back, bumping against the guard behind. He bent his head, whispering in my ear, “Say hello to your new master.”"
January 3, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

Tina H Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy it! :(

message 2: by Wynne (last edited Jan 03, 2018 06:47AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Wynne Katherine Tina wrote: "Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy it! :("

Me too :( I really wanted to like it. I loved Q a lot, had the book been written from his perspective, I would have given it a 5 star. But damn Tess and her constant ping ponging with her desire and shame is giving me a headache and I had to stop :/

description

Tina H Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy it! :("

lol, I understand that! Tess was a little much for me to take at 1st also. I knew you would love Q.

Wynne Katherine ℛ a ℂ ℎ ℯ ℓ ♥️ wrote: "I’m sorry this one was a dud for you 😐"

Me too Rachel, me too :(

Wynne Katherine Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy it! :("

Oh girl, let me just tell you, Q was perfect. *sigh* *dreamy eyes*

Tina H Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy it! :("

Q is....
description
...perfection!! One of my favorite book boyfriends ;)

Wynne Katherine Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy it! :("

Haha I agree. If there's is perfection, he's probably it. Or really damn close to it

message 8: by Tina (last edited Jan 03, 2018 07:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina H Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy it! :("

Agreed!! :) I am currently reading a book that has Q in it and it makes me happy

Wynne Katherine Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy it! :("

Me too :( I really wanted to like it. I loved Q a lot, had the book been ..."

I am so glad you are enjoying your read <3 I sure do hope Tess' character gets better with the series :)

message 10: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina H Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy it! :("

Me too :( I really wanted to like it. I loved Q a lot, had t..."

Q is just a visitor in what I am reading but Tess does get better in the Monsters in the Dark series

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Sorry :(
Great review though :)

Wynne Katherine ◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆ wrote: "Sorry :(
Great review though :)"

Thank you, Anna! <3

Wynne Katherine Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy it! :("

Me too :( I really wanted to like it. I loved ..."

Ah, I see. I'm so glad her character got better. All this talk make me want to give it another try (damn Q and his sexiness), but I know better lol.

Is the series you are currently reading better than Monster in The Dark series?

message 14: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina H Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy it! :("

Me too :( I really wanted to like..."

Maybe someday you will finish Monsters in the dark. I loved it but I think because I kinda understood Tess and then there is Q! 😍 But, I do think the Dollar series is better. I was sucked in immediately by the main character and then enter Elder!! *sigh* He is up there with Q in the sexiness department 😉

Wynne Katherine Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy it! :("

Me too :( I really ..."

Haha I might give the Dollar series a try someday, and hope I will love that one as much as you do :)

message 16: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina H Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy it! :("

Me too..."

Let me know if you do! I would love to hear your thoughts about it

Wynne Katherine Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Awww, I am sorry you didn't enjoy i..."

I will ;) xx

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* I had to DNF this one, not for me either

Wynne Katherine Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* wrote: "I had to DNF this one, not for me either"

It was such a shame too :( I really wanted to like it, but alas, it didn't live up my expectations